Pentagon Unilaterally Grants Itself Authority Over ‘Civil Disturbances’ - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pentagon Unilaterally Grants Itself Authority Over ‘Civil Disturbances’

Well then this should really disturb everyone. Obama War Powers Under 2001 Law 'Astoundingly Disturbing,' Senators Say
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by UATKP View Post
    Read the article. Dog ain't a troll.
    Just subtle changes in the code:
    Federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the President is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances.
    Actually that isn't possible. The military can't change US Code, the code the blog links to is dated January 3, 2012, and that phrase appears nowhere in it. I'm not going to toss troll words about, but the blog article is ridiculous at best. And if you bothered to check some of the other blogs by that leftist author, you'd find that ridiculous is fairly common for him. He asserts that the founders would not only oppose 'assault weapons', but that they actively opposed civilians stockpiling any weapons that could be used to oppose the government. Some of his stuff is actually pretty funny if you have a good sense of humor.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Don't worry. If our military refuses to follow unlawfull orders because they swore an oath to the constitution there are foriegn militaries who have been training to respond to civil unrest in the United States.

This was a topic of discussion on Real News on the Blaze. It does appear to be true that the military commanders can order the use of Federal troops when the president isn't available and martial hasn't been declared. This must be in an dangerous and critical situation.

I can't imagine a situation when the President or Vice President isn't available. But I guess he might be on the golf course. And who determines what a critical situation is? This also hasn't been approves by Congress.

This seems to be yet another way that the President can claim he didn't know that troops fired on civilians. It also sounds that they are preparing for an insurrection. And of course we can guess who the targets will be.

The military has always been the backup to law enforcement. As disturbing as this seems if there was a big enough problem that law enforcement could not handle it, its pretty obvious that the military would step in and assist. What this development seems to me to do is to cut through a little bit of the red tape. While rome burns nero wouldnt have to find someone and ask permission before helping, sounds good. But like most things these days, the differenece between being on paper and how its implemented that seems to be the problem.
    -Austin

What some people call red tape; others call Constitutional protection of individual liberty. The government always seems to move from liberty to tyranny. And this document in the wrong hands could facilitate the institution of a dictatorship. And with recent developments how many have trust in Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    What some people call red tape; others call Constitutional protection of individual liberty. The government always seems to move from liberty to tyranny. And this document in the wrong hands could facilitate the institution of a dictatorship. And with recent developments how many have trust in Obama?
    Read the document (the code) that's linked in the blog. It doesn't say what the blog is claiming, so it won't do anything in the wrong hands and it won't facilitate a dictatorship. The quote they provide in the blog doesn't come from the US code that they linked. The phrase "civil disturbances" doesn't appear anywhere. They even got the title wrong. This blog is playing chicken little with something that doesn't exist. Or at least it sure doesn't exist in the US Code they linked to.
    And once again, use a little common sense when reading this stuff. "By making a few subtle changes to a regulation in the U.S. Code...the military has quietly granted itself the ability to police the streets..." The military does not have the authority or ability to alter the US Code, and it never has had it. Your 'hoax alarm' should have been going off at full volume when you read that.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

9. Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    Don't worry. If our military refuses to follow unlawfull orders because they swore an oath to the constitution there are foriegn militaries who have been training to respond to civil unrest in the United States.
    Hey that would make for a really good movie! The US citizens and its armed forces and law enforcement vs it's own government and some foreign military power. As long as those pulling the trigger are on our side, I could give a damn who's side the White House and the Pentagon are on.

If you have not been paying attention "We are not a free people"

We lost 50% of what we called our freedom on 9-11.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    They dont have the authority.
    Criminals break the law all the time, do you really think that they give a damn about the law? Sorry, but you put way too much trust in these bastards.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast