Pentagon Unilaterally Grants Itself Authority Over ‘Civil Disturbances’ - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pentagon Unilaterally Grants Itself Authority Over ‘Civil Disturbances’

1. Now you know why Obama asked military commanders if they would fire on U.S. citizens...

When firing on combatants it shouldnt matter which country they are a citizen of...
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Criminals break the law all the time, do you really think that they give a damn about the law? Sorry, but you put way too much trust in these bastards.
    These bastards? You refer to our military as these bastards? Chief 1297 said they don't have the authority, and he is 100% correct. The military doesn't have the authority to change the US Code, which the blog article in the original post claimed. Even if the military was to break the law, as you incredibly seem to think they quite commonly do, they still couldn't change the US Code because it isn't a matter of breaking the law. It's a matter of having the authority to do something, and the military doesn't have the authority to change the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Now you know why Obama asked military commanders if they would fire on U.S. citizens...
    Another debunked myth that people still cling to. It's hard enough trying to fight these idiots without giving them extra ammunition to use against us by hanging on to ridiculous myths and outright lies.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    These bastards? You refer to our military as these bastards? Chief 1297 said they don't have the authority, and he is 100% correct. The military doesn't have the authority to change the US Code, which the blog article in the original post claimed. Even if the military was to break the law, as you incredibly seem to think they quite commonly do, they still couldn't change the US Code because it isn't a matter of breaking the law. It's a matter of having the authority to do something, and the military doesn't have the authority to change the law.
    Another debunked myth that people still cling to. It's hard enough trying to fight these idiots without giving them extra ammunition to use against us by hanging on to ridiculous myths and outright lies.
    Hey! It's called humor! Try it sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Stuff like this really brings out the conspiracy theorist. The troops that I know are well aware of their duty to protect the country against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. There are some in a position of leadership who can make a determination on what the right thing to do is. Will that stop all the drones? Maybe not but I will assume the smarter of the bunch will reign them in. If any President asked if a Commander would fire on American citizens, I would expect a national uprising and impeachment and removal of anyone that ignorant.

I am not saying that we have to trust our politicians because they all (in both parties) given us enough evidence to prove they are not trustworthy but to think that military commanders have sneaked in permission to "take control" of the civilian population is just tin foil worthy. Any hint at changing the rules on that topic would be publicized and shouted down by the patriots of this nation. Jus sayin...
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Didn't recognize it as humor. Sorry.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Guess I didnt get it either.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

I went back and read it again. Still doesn't look like humor to me.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Now you know why Obama asked military commanders if they would fire on U.S. citizens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Guess I didnt get it either.
    I went back and read it again. Still doesn't look like humor to me.
    Maybe it was self-deprecating humor. You know, like hey, I fell for the woo-woo, now laugh at me!

I don't know. It's the only way I can see it as humorous. Otherwise, it looks as serious as a heart attack to me.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    Don't worry. If our military refuses to follow unlawfull orders because they swore an oath to the constitution there are foriegn militaries who have been training to respond to civil unrest in the United States.
    I know a few people in the military. They ALL tell me, they took an oath to uphold the constitution, which they firmly believe in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast