Pentagon Unilaterally Grants Itself Authority Over ‘Civil Disturbances’ - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pentagon Unilaterally Grants Itself Authority Over ‘Civil Disturbances’

1. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Maybe it was self-deprecating humor. You know, like hey, I fell for the woo-woo, now laugh at me!

I don't know. It's the only way I can see it as humorous. Otherwise, it looks as serious as a heart attack to me.

Blues
    If one is so serious that humor cannot be understood whether black, or sarcastic, with obvious grasping at straws to try to analyze its context with personal "takes", you're missing the point. It's just humor.

It wasn't as serious as a heart attack to me when I wrote it, Blues. Lighten-up. Sorry if it offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    If one is so serious that humor cannot be understood whether black, or sarcastic, with obvious grasping at straws to try to analyze its context with personal "takes", you're missing the point. It's just humor.

It wasn't as serious as a heart attack to me when I wrote it, Blues. Lighten-up. Sorry if it offended anyone.
    This all started when I replied to two previous posts, only one of which was yours. Context is difficult to get across on an internet forum without the benefit of nonverbal clues and things like voice inflection, so you need to understand that black and sarcastic will often have to be explained or 'clued in' with something like a smilie. Some people put [/sarcasm] after a sarcastic remark so others will know what the remark was intended to be. And since your post was only one of two that I originally replied to, keep in mind that our comments about things not sounding like humor were addressing more than just what you posted, so it wasn't all directed at you. Truth be told, most of my ire was directed at the remark referring to our military as "these bastards' and the insinuation that the military would try to undermine the law in order to seize power. I'm retired military, and comments like that really get under my skin.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    This all started when I replied to two previous posts, only one of which was yours. Context is difficult to get across on an internet forum without the benefit of nonverbal clues and things like voice inflection, so you need to understand that black and sarcastic will often have to be explained or 'clued in' with something liked a smilie. Some people put [/sarcasm] after a sarcastic remark so others will know what the remark was intended to be. And since your post was only one of two that I originally replied to, keep in mind that our comments about things not sounding like humor were addressing more than just what you posted, so it wasn't all directed at you. Truth be told, most of my ire was directed at the remark referring to our military as "these bastards' and the insinuation that the military would try to undermine the law in order to seize power. I'm retired military, and comments like that really get under my skin.
    Understood. I'll include emoticons next time as I have a bad habit of expecting everyone to read my mind...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234