Elderly Woman Grabs Gun, Holds Would-Be Burglar At Bay

Thread: Elderly Woman Grabs Gun, Holds Would-Be Burglar At Bay

Elderly Woman Grabs Gun, Holds Would-Be Burglar At Bay

Elderly Woman Grabs Gun, Holds Would-Be Burglar At Bay - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

LAKE LYNN, Pa. -- An 85-year-old great-grandmother from Lake Lynn, Fayette County kept an alleged burglar at bay using a .22-caliber pistol.

According to police, a 17-year-old suspect was attempting to burglarize Leda Smith overnight.

That's when Smith grabbed her gun and told the teen that she would shoot him if he moved, police said.

"I had the gun on him before he turned around and said, 'you've had it,' " Smith told Channel 11-News.

According to police, Smith ordered the boy to dial 911 and then gave him some advice.

"Dial 911 and don't attempt to throw the phone at me, or do anything bad or i'll just shoot you," Smith said.

When police arrived, they took the teen into custody.

Charges have been filed against the boy and an alleged accomplice.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

There was another story on t.v. news a couple nights ago aboout a 90+ woman in CA of all places pulling a snub nose 38 and shooting at an intruder. She did not hit him but he made a hasty excape. Glade to see these stories.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Nothing wrong with this at all! CONGRATS LADIES! Hey, I feel bad for the person who enters my grandmothers house. Shes a gun-totin little old lady.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Unfortunately, due to the anti gun inclinations of the liberal media, stories like these are often overshadowed by those in which guns are used unlawfully. Even though John Lott and others have shown that lawful gun uses far outnumber unlawful ones, the case is just the opposite in the news media.

Congrat's to the Lady. I bet the teen pooped his pants!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

good for her. hope that stupid kid learned his lesson
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!