Minnesota Police Chief Turns to Public for Ammo Handouts (VIDEO) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minnesota Police Chief Turns to Public for Ammo Handouts (VIDEO)

The only way I would give my ammo to the police is for them to pay me for it and at the price I would be willing to sale at.
    Jason Le˛dhas

3. Minnesota Police Chief Turns to Public for Ammo Handouts (VIDEO)

The Proctor PD said they would eventually replace the ammo the citizens gave them. I live just up the road from there. I was very surprised to see people donating.

I do not believe that I could support local law enforcement where I am at. The establishment here where I am is pretty much against civilian carry at the municipal and county level. Now having said that, I would gladly help out the county to the west of where I am as I know for a fact that they respect and support the Second Amendment as it is written, not as translated with extreme bias as it is in other areas.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

5. I have to parrot others, especially if the chiefs (I don't know if this one is a member of Bloomberg's sometimes criminal membership of MAIG) are aligned with any form of gun control, and I would ask that up front and personal, and be more than blunt if he/they are members, or even support gun control.

Only then would it be considered, and if payment would be tendered.

If the roles were reversed, do you think any officer would sell you any practice ammo, if they had supply? You'd be the laughing stock of the force. You know, liability issues and such, which works both ways, when you think about it.

Training Ammo so they can train to take my guns, sure why not.

Police, no. Sheriffs maybe. Its really "funny" the police in the "big" town about 30 miles away, don't like us to concealed carry or open carry. On the other hand the Sheriffs & deputies are all for CC and strongly support the second amendment. But I got about "just enough" for myself, so if they asked me now, I'd say no.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dustoffuh1 View Post
    Police, no. Sheriffs maybe. Its really "funny" the police in the "big" town about 30 miles away, don't like us to concealed carry or open carry. On the other hand the Sheriffs & deputies are all for CC and strongly support the second amendment. But I got about "just enough" for myself, so if they asked me now, I'd say no.
    Yeah, some Chiefs (some, not all) are beholden to the local political good ol' boy network feeding the public trough, where Sheriffs are beholden to counties and serve a much broader spectrum. Sheriffs have considerably more responsibility to maintain the law, and from what I've seen here, they are very much in tune with 2A and Constitutional protection. Our new Sheriff-elect also teaches CC courses and publicly maintains that most CC holders obey the laws, and are truly the good guys. He wants armed citizens, the more, the better. YMMV

I think across the board, we have many more LEOs on our side of the fence, than those who trumpet gun control and who are leftist lackey marionettes.

Minnesota Police Chief Turns to Public for Ammo Handouts (VIDEO)

Maybe the police should ask those who expect to be protected by them to pony up, buy what's out there and donate it. Sounds like a ploy to get gun owners to give up their ammo. I will keep my sole poor & lonely dust covered box of ammo for myself ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12