Man Shoots Himself While Bowling - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Man Shoots Himself While Bowling

This reminds me of a young man named Plaxico Burress. I believe since his "accidental" (yes negligent) discharge cost him two years of his life since it was in NYC.

Mama always said, stupid is as stupid does. Mama was a smart woman.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Anoother successful pocket carry technique.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

I would never bowl with a gun in my pocket or even in a holster. The gun would be in my bowling bag.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I would never bowl with a gun in my pocket or even in a holster. The gun would be in my bowling bag.

For someone to grab while your bowling? Not sure that's the best idea either. As a gun owner, you have a responsibility to secure your firearm at all times.

That's what Holsters are for, carry your pistol in a good quality CCW holster & you won't have to worry about it.

@firelooker, I do agree... That's what Holsters are for, carry your pistol in a good quality CCW holster & you won't have to worry about it.

8. Dam glocks!

Quote Originally Posted by rjefmiller View Post
    Proof that being stupid should (and often DOES) hurt!
    I think incidents like this are the firearms world equivalent of The Darwin Awards. Not all of these idiots may kill themselves, but I have to confess that I do take at least a modicum of comfort that these incidents do 'thin the herd' so to speak when it comes to legal gun carriers. Even if these people don't kill themselves, you can bet they carry a heck of a lot safer if they ever choose to carry again, and that thins the herd of idiot carriers that give the rest of us a bad name. It also serves as an example to at least some of the other idiot carriers out there. Many of them may never get the message, but at least some will. I bet if there were any other lawful carriers in that bowling alley at the time, they got the message loud and clear. Every little bit helps.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Im sure he had other stuff in his pocket along with his gun.

Plus it can be very expensive...for instance, medical bills and lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by rjefmiller View Post
    Proof that being stupid should (and often DOES) hurt!
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast