Man Shoots Himself While Bowling
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Shoots Himself While Bowling

Man Shoots Himself While Bowling

I saw this story and thought I'd post it over here. I don't think I would be carrying while I was bowling but if you are at least have a proper holster. I'm not sure what exactly caused it but you are responsible for your firearm when you are carrying.

Bowler accidentally shoots himself at Jupiter Lanes Bowling Alley

JUPITER, Fla. - A man accidentally shot himself Tuesday night at the Jupiter Lanes Bowling Alley located on Maplewood Drive.

The man's own gun accidentally discharged, injuring him, said Jupiter Police Officer Adam Brown.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

3. I carry pretty much everywhere bowling included. But I agree with you wear a proper holster. And how does a modern firearm go off accidentally. Keep your finger off the trigger unless you are going to shoot folks.

4. Proof that being stupid should (and often DOES) hurt!
    Good judgement comes from expierence, which is usually the result of bad judgement. Learn from the experience of others, since it's a lot less painful than gaining it all on your own...

5. I certainly would carry while bowling (hypothetically, haven't bowled in years).
    You would need to pay attention to your method of carrying, considering how your strong arm passes so close to your body! As you said, you should have your gun properly holstered.
    This is my first post under this name. I used to post as defender829. I am unable to log on using this phone as defender829.

6. Accidentally discharged? In my book there is no such thing as an accidental discharge, only a negligent discharge.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I saw this story and thought I'd post it over here. I don't think I would be carrying while I was bowling but if you are at least have a proper holster. I'm not sure what exactly caused it but you are responsible for your firearm when you are carrying.

Bowler accidentally shoots himself at Jupiter Lanes Bowling Alley

JUPITER, Fla. - A man accidentally shot himself Tuesday night at the Jupiter Lanes Bowling Alley located on Maplewood Drive.

The man's own gun accidentally discharged, injuring him, said Jupiter Police Officer Adam Brown.
    I'm curious to know exactly what sidearm he was carrying...
    The story stated that he was carrying the pistol in his pocket, so I'm assuming that it was a small .380 of some sort.
    I'm also wondering if he even had it holstered inside a pocket holster.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by grousetrapper View Post
    Accidentally discharged? In my book there is no such thing as an accidental discharge, only a negligent discharge.
    That is what came to mind to me as well.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I'm curious to know exactly what sidearm he was carrying...
    The story stated that he was carrying the pistol in his pocket, so I'm assuming that it was a small .380 of some sort.
    I'm also wondering if he even had it holstered inside a pocket holster.
    They make a pocket holster for the lcp (i think) that has the trigger accessible. Might have been something like this if it was in a holster.
    -Austin

Yet another negligent idiot who tarnishes us all. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts there was no holster at all.

Blog Entries
    Survival of the fittest!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast