Homeowner's son fights off home invaders, KHOU, Houston, Texas, 05/14/13

Thread: Homeowner's son fights off home invaders, KHOU, Houston, Texas, 05/14/13

Posted on May 15, 2013

This is for those of us who like reading about law abiding gun owners who defend themselves and their homes.
    A trio of home invaders entered a house in Houston, Texas, forced the homeowner’s son into a closet and ransacked the house. While the criminals were searching for valuables, the son left the closet, retrieved a gun and fired on the intruders, striking one in the leg and neck and causing all to flee. The wounded criminal only made it to a nearby home before collapsing, at which point neighbor Craig Gaddis discovered him and called the police.
    Following the incident, Gaddis showed support for the young man who was forced to defend himself, telling local media “The owner, thank God for rights, he shot one of ‘em.” Gaddis also addressed the criminal adding, “He got what he deserved… You want to come over here and rob houses? Those of us who carry guns in our houses, they are there for one reason – to keep you people out.” (KHOU, Houston, Texas, 05/14/13)
    NRA-ILA | Homeowner's son fights off home invaders, KHOU, Houston, Texas, 05/14/13

~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

That young man has a good father imo. I was taught the same. I knew where the mini14 was at the age of 13 and I knew how to operate it. I was instructed by my father that it was my duty to protect myself and my mother as he was in sales and traveled very often. Being secure in your own home is sacred and it is too bad that the young man had to learn this lesson that way. Probably very frightening for him. Glad it turned out ok for him and I hope they find the other criminals.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Two big 'thumbs up' for that brave kid and his pro-2nd amendment parents!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I've found that kids who grew up in homes where their parents were gun savvy don't have the problems that come from hiding their guns. If they just don't make guns a big secret and teach kids the proper way to handle and when to use guns, just never have the troubles that other parents have with lethal arms.
    Then when danger comes their way, if the kids are old enough, they can defend themselves without killing the family members.
    I know the Libs will have big problems with this but kids on ranches and farms aren't accidentally killing their friends and family.
    Just my opinion, YMMV
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

6. Quote:Those of us who carry guns in our houses, they are there for one reason – to keep you people out.” End of Quote: I say DAMN RIGHT...You DAMN RIGHT...

How many bad guys have to get shot before they stay out of peoples homes? They never learn.