Brady Center sues Georgia town over gun law - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brady Center sues Georgia town over gun law

Nelson, Ga. attacked by Brady Center for no real reason.
    Georgia town passes law requiring citizens to own guns and ammo - U.S. News
    Kennesaw, Ga. Gun law on the books since 1982 and held to be constitutional by the Federal Court.
    Kennesaw, where everyone is armed by law - FT.com
    It seems both of these were undertaken a form of civil disobedience to make a point.

"The American Civil Liberties Union challenged Kennesaw’s law as unconstitutional, but the federal court let it stand, although the city did add a clause exempting conscientious objectors, criminals, the mentally disabled and people who could not afford a gun."

This fact will basically resolve any challenge by the Brady Center and make them look like idiots we all know them to be.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

3. The Brady Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ingeniir View Post
    Kwimby is correct in that the law on the books in Nelson, GA provides any household the ability to not have to follow the law based on their own perogative. The Brady Campaign simply did not read through the law in its entirety and are sueing on baseless statements/misinformation.
    That actually pretty much DEFINES the Brady Campaign. Remember, he was shot with a .22LR REVOLVER wielded by a KNOWN nutjob. But go ahead, BLAME the revolver. After all, using some common sense and trying to do something... oh, I don't know... like maybe fix the Mental Health system so that people who are considered a current threat might be helped/prevented from committing violent acts? I mean, if people had an option to deal with a current mental crisis and then, once they had worked things out, could get their guns/concealed carry rights reinstated don't you think a lot of potentially violent or suicidal people might get the help they need. The important thing is to ensure that just because you had an issue you aren't losing your second amendment rights forever. I think that, and other factors, lead up to crazy stuff happening. The main thing the most people ignore about these shootings is that, while they are busy blaming the guns, the following factors were in play;

1. The vast majority of the mass shootings or attempted mass shootings were done by people with KNOWN mental health issues
    2. With the exception of the Giffords shooting almost every major mass shooting or attempted mass shooting was attempted at Gun Free Zones (AKA Target Rich Environments)

But is THAT a factor that the Brady Campaign considers? Hell no, why use common sense when moral (but uninformed) outrage should be wielded like Excalibur to (clumsily) attempt to crush law abiding citizens rights and free the criminals of the fear that one of their victims might actually SHOOT them if they attempt to rob, rape, or harm them! After all, that criminal is the result of a horrible childhood... they didn't get a pony!

The Brady Campaign... What a bunch of asshats...

According to the article one can 'conscientiously' bow out of the requirement. So, the question remains, is it really being forced upon them? If one says, "I'm opposed to owning a firearm", then one does not need to own it. I'm not sure why the man they used as the example didn't just say that, rather then shelling out $700 and then complain about it.

I also don't get why any town would create a law that says, 'you must get a firearm, unless of course you don't want to'. Did I read this correctly?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Blog Entries
    I have a hard time understanding why the Brady Center cares about anything. I think they just look for an opportunity to argue because it gives them a chance to yell, swear and make death threats.

I haven't the time to read all the commentary, so please excuse any apparent gaps in my analysis. If, in this case, Brady is the plaintiff, how is Brady injuried or damaged by this ordinance? Or if Brady a self-appointed initiator of a class action, who are the parties to the action, and how are the parties injured or damaged?

I support this law...Should like to see more town and cities do this.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

8. Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    I support this law...Should like to see more town and cities do this.
    So you support he gov being able to make a law saying you have to buy something? I am guessing you also support Omama care as that is the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    So you support he gov being able to make a law saying you have to buy something? I am guessing you also support Omama care as that is the same thing..
    You need to read the law..If you object you do not have to comply...IS that so this dumbass care?
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I also don't get why any town would create a law that says, 'you must get a firearm, unless of course you don't want to'. Did I read this correctly?
    Yeah, it was largely symbolic, like a resolution in Congress.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

I don't want to force a single liberal to own a gun if they do not want to, then again I expect them to shut the hell up about me wanting one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast