Brady Center sues Georgia town over gun law
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Center sues Georgia town over gun law

1. Brady Center sues Georgia town over gun law

http://www.wyff4.com/news/national/Brady-Center-sues-Georgia-town-over-gun-law/-/9324256/20189624/-/4kruqt/-/index.html?absolute=true

As much as I despise the Brady Campaign and encourage gun ownership, I can't help but agree here. Requiring people to own and gun or fining them if they don't...they're basically being fined either way. And how do you keep track of who owns a gun and who doesn't? To me this would create a registry...

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    http://www.wyff4.com/news/national/Brady-Center-sues-Georgia-town-over-gun-law/-/9324256/20189624/-/4kruqt/-/index.html?absolute=true

As much as I despise the Brady Campaign and encourage gun ownership, I can't help but agree here. Requiring people to own and gun or fining them if they don't...they're basically being fined either way. And how do you keep track of who owns a gun and who doesn't? To me this would create a registry...
    Is this the town of Kennesaw?

Sent from behind enemy lines.

4. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post

Is this the town of Kennesaw?

It says Nelson, Ga in the article. But I know there's another town that has had the same law for many many years. This town in the article must have just passed the law.

Blog Entries
    Isn't it a requirement of the militia to own a gun?

6. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Isn't it a requirement of the militia to own a gun?
    See I kinda was curious about that as well. Making it a violation of the 2nd amendment is a bit of a stretch, and making it a violation of the 14th amendment to me is also. But at the same time, I haven't seen the exact wording of the law so who knows,

fining those that do not have a gun in that town is similar to fining people w/o health insurance, no?

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    fining those that do not have a gun in that town is similar to fining people w/o health insurance, no?
    Well we know how the SCOTUS feels about that. Fine away.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    Nobody is going to be fined over this law.

Unghhhh?!

Having a hard time understanding why anyone cares about this, much less the Brady Center:
    The law exempts anyone who opposes gun ownership or has certain disabilities, and city leaders say there's no penalty. They also say the law isn't being enforced.
    I suppose it makes a plausible excuse for a lawsuit. Other than that, a total load of bull dung all the way around.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast