Juan Williams: Race and the Gun Debate - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juan Williams: Race and the Gun Debate

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Did i miss something Here? First and foremost Congratualions to Juan for living in the United States of America where you of all people should understand your God Given rights. Were you not let go from PBS( aka radio so good the tax payers must pay for it so it can exist) for having voiced your opinion. Now that I got that out of the way. Pbs sought worked real hard to silence you did they not however Fox nex picked you up and understood the value of opposing view points, while not perfect Fox does a better job then most. Ok on to the bigger issue, Race a lot of liberals are quick to jump on the band wagon we need this we need that, instead of taking a real look at facts and history and seeing how to address the root cause of something. Ie the break down of the family dont fool yourself it is not in just one race or another it happens in several races not just Blacks( purposely not playing into the whole African American thing at all) Instead some liberals will champion the cause of this group or that group based on their own pollitical needs at the time. Lets be real here if the liberals in question were so concerned about the intercity blacks, whites, etc why are they not protesting Planned Parenthood? Oh yeah by the way lets take a look at facts here lets look at the founder of planned parenthood Margaret Sanger a blatant racist whose original objective was to help elimate the blacks via abotion. There is a great cause to hitch your wagon to. Then We have POTUS and I quote "God Bless Planned parenthoo" makes me want to throw up. Amazing how liberals can be pro death for children but so opposed to the violence that results in deaths in areas such as Chicago and other cities when it suits their pollitical agenda. Another case in point Dr. Martn Leuther ing a great man with a vision of equallity, not entitlement. He was very pro second ammendment and understand the value of having a tool to protect your family. But Why do the liberals not exploit that fact? Oh and that racist organizaton the NRA how dare they exist and damn all those white people clinging to their guns and bibles! Again look at the history of the NRA and how they were instramental in educating all people in proper firearm useage and protection of families. There again if we leave out the facts and spew lies we can diminish the fact that the NRA did more to help Blacks then the Democratic party ever did! Race Baiters like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, have no interest in serving their community and are more focused on the all mighty dollar and promoting racism for job security for their hate spewing enterprises. As always seek to blame the gun versus addressing the real problem; the devaluing of human life, the break down of the moral fabric of society, and the absence of two parent homes in america and the culture of violence in America, which has more to do with Video games, Hollywood and others then it does with responseable citizens exercising their Second Ammendment rights. It is high time people started identifying themselves as Americans not this American or that American but simply as Americans who are on the verge of losing something very precious if they dont stop and realize the value of self reliance and taking responsibility for their own actions. Buy the Way I not this group or the other I was born here in America by the Grace of God and the good sense of Grand Parents who came to this Great Country fromo the Ukrane via Ellis Island legally and they understood the privalage of living some where People had rights and responsibilities. Wake up America and realize this is not about eliminating your second ammendment rights its really about governmental control and keeping people dependent on the government. As long as the people have the Gun there will be liberty, however take away the Gun and tyrany is sure to follow! Please excuse any spelling errors as I am not able to utilize spell check.

Thanks And I think I will just go and open carry today because it is leagal where I live and Rights are meant to be exercised!
    You nailed this!! Answering this on my phone. It tics me off that we can not hit the LIKE button more than once!!!!!

Nice though put them in jail investigate, we can not even get to the bottom of Fast and Furious, Bengazi, the Irs Scandal and Ap press, this is what happens when people stop caring and Media is more concerned in promoting politics!

4. Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Nice though put them in jail investigate, we can not even get to the bottom of Fast and Furious, Bengazi, the Irs Scandal and Ap press, this is what happens when people stop caring and Media is more concerned in promoting politics!
    I was hoping that the tea party would be a party for all people who wanted lower tax, less corruption and more money for our people here at home.
    I always wondered if the republicans saw it threat and pushed it to the religious right to take over taking away any chance they had to win. Being real Rick Santorum can't even win a primary. The one who came to the top, Mitt was a moderate.

I am more of a independent/democrat but sure believe what Newt said in SC:"Crony capitalism ... is not free enterprise' "Criticizing specific actions in specific places is not being anti-free enterprise," the former House Speaker told a crowd that packed a banquet hall here in upstate South Carolina on Wednesday, rejecting Romney's suggestion that questioning his record as chief executive of Bain Capital was tantamount to attacking free enterprise.

"And crony capitalism, where people pay each other off at the expense of the rest of the country, is not free enterprise," Gingrich said. "And raising questions about that is not wrong."

I believe (and newt said) there is plenty of money here for everyone if we stopped the cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Albert View Post
    I was hoping that the tea party would be a party for all people who wanted lower tax, less corruption and more money for our people here at home.
    I always wondered if the republicans saw it threat and pushed it to the religious right to take over taking away any chance they had to win. Being real Rick Santorum can't even win a primary. The one who came to the top, Mitt was a moderate.

I am more of a independent/democrat but sure believe what Newt said in SC:"Crony capitalism ... is not free enterprise' "Criticizing specific actions in specific places is not being anti-free enterprise," the former House Speaker told a crowd that packed a banquet hall here in upstate South Carolina on Wednesday, rejecting Romney's suggestion that questioning his record as chief executive of Bain Capital was tantamount to attacking free enterprise.

"And crony capitalism, where people pay each other off at the expense of the rest of the country, is not free enterprise," Gingrich said. "And raising questions about that is not wrong."

I believe (and newt said) there is plenty of money here for everyone if we stopped the cheating
    You do not have much of a clue about the Republican party, mostly believing the crap that the Democrat party has put out about it. Actually you appear to have very little knowledge about American politics in general.

Also, Juan Williams was on Fox News several years before PBS got rid of him. He believes that it was the primary reason.

You agree with Newt only because he made a statement that fits with your beliefs. It was a statement he made against his liberal Republican opponent, and is much out of context with his belief in capitalism. Newt likely considers around 1% of all capitalist activity as "crony capitalism", if that much. From your comments, it is pretty clear that you believe it is the norm rather than the exception. I'm sure that you would firmly reject nearly every comment that Newt has made in the past 40 years. Except maybe when he made those admittedly really stupid commercials about Global Warming with Nancy Pelosi.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

6. Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    You do not have much of a clue about the Republican party, mostly believing the crap that the Democrat party has put out about it. Actually you appear to have very little knowledge about American politics in general.

You agree with Newt only because he made a statement that fits with your beliefs. It was a statement he made against his liberal Republican opponent, and is much out of context with his belief in capitalism. Newt likely considers around 1% of all capitalist activity as "crony capitalism", if that much. From your comments, it is pretty clear that you believe it is the norm rather than the exception. I'm sure that you would firmly reject nearly every comment that Newt has made in the past 40 years. Except maybe when he made those admittedly really stupid commercials about Global Warming with Nancy Pelosi.
    I was a republican until I got smart and moved into the middle. I only saw it after the military, when I retired from flying and started looking at corporate books to invest.
    Then I saw the ripping off of the real owners, the shareholders by the stacked boards.
    Even Forbes see it:CEO Pay - Forbes com
    ceo-compensation-12-company-earnings-hig...‎
    Apr 4, 2012 – Did we learn nothing? ... Forbes Magazine dated April 23, 2012

The world Mitt Romney came from. All bought and paid for.
    If you think the below is a "free market" you are delusional.

Mayo Shattuck III was CEO of Constellation Energy. The price of electricity paid by residential customers in the service area of the CEG wholly owned company BGE increased 72%.The stock price of Constellation Energy dropped from a $107.97 high to a low $13.00.[1] Mayo Shattuck III was paid in 2010: $15.7 million. The Maryland governor has complained about Mayo Shattuck III’s pay, as have the editorial page of the Baltimore Sun, members of the Maryland Legislature, and some of the largest Constellation shareholders, but to no avail. Mayo Shattuck III also chairs the company’s board, the same board that sets his pay, whose members make a minimum of $195,000 a year in cash and stock for nominal work.

Who here gets pay like this when they are fired?
    Then have the nerve to expect a tax cut

Stanley O'Neal, Merrill Lynch:
    $160 million, including more than $129 million in stock and options.
    O'Neal takes the fall for failing to adequately control the firm's
    credit and market risks, which resulted in a stunning $8 billion-plus
    write down in the third quarter.

Philip Purcell, Morgan Stanley:
    $43.9 million plus $250,000 a year for life after being forced out. He
    angered a group of shareholders who had already called for a break up
    of the firm by reorganizing management and promoting some executives
    who were seen as loyal to him. The dissident shareholders won out.

Richard Grasso, New York Stock Exchange:
    Took $140 million in deferred compensation and the disclosure of that
    payment sparked a furor that led to his departure. The pay also
    provoked an investigation and lawsuits, which are still being worked
    out. Grasso has vowed to fight.

Douglas Ivester, Coca-Cola:
    Took $120 million when he stepped down in 2000 in his mid-50s. The
    departure was deemed a "retirement," but Ivester had presided over a
    period of stagnant growth, declining earnings and bad publicity.

Robert Nardelli, Home Depot:
    $210 million. He fixed up the home products retailer using techniques
    he learned as an executive at General Electric, but by 2006, he was
    starting to seriously irritate shareholders. The final straw was when
    he told the board to skip the annual shareholder meeting and prevented
    shareholders from speaking for more than a few minutes. He was ousted
    in January 2007.

Bruce Karatz, KB Homes:
    Gets up to $175 million. The former chief executive of the home
    building company resigned in November 2006 after an internal
    investigation into whether he and other executives backdated stock
    option grants.

Stephen Hilbert, Conseco:
    Took an estimated $72 million. Hilbert bought GreenTree Financial in
    1998, just as the subprime lending business was about to go topsy
    turvy. The purchase left Conseco, an insurance company, with big write
    downs and ultimately contributed to its 2001 bankruptcy. The company
    has since reemerged from reorganization.

Michael Ovitz, Disney:
    $140 million after less than two years on the job. A former big-time
    Hollywood agent, Ovitz was recruited to Disney to work under Chairman
    Michael Eisner, but the two couldn't play nice. The pay was disputed
    in a Delaware court, which decided in 2005 that the board didn't
    violate its fiduciary duty in awarding that much severance.

Hank McKinnell, Pfizer:
    $198 million, including $78 million in deferred compensation he built
    up in 35 years at the pharmaceutical company. Pfizer shares sank 40%
    on his watch, which ended last year. The company had to cut billions
    in costs and fire thousands of employees, and said it wouldn't see
    revenue growth until 2009.

Jill Barad Mattel
    $50 million severance package Mattel was losing $1.5 million a day
    Mattel's stock price which reached
    a high of $45 in March 1998) traded at $11 in February 2000.
    Under pressure, on February 3, Mattel's CEO Jill Barad resigned
    but received a $50 million severance package

Frank Newman, Bankers Trust:
    $55 million. A former deputy Treasury secretary, Newman was brought to
    Bankers Trust to restore confidence after the 1994 derivatives
    scandal. He made aggressive moves into technology banking and lending
    (buying boutique Alex. Brown & Sons in 1997). But that push plus a big
    position in Russian government bonds, put the bank on the brink.
    Newman left in 1999 after selling the company to Deutsche Bank.

Carli Fiorina Hewlett-Packard
    $20 million in severance board of directors discussed with Fiorina
    a list of issues that the board brought back in Tom Perkins
    and forced Fiorina to resign as chairman and chief executive officer of the company.
    The company's stock jumped on news of Fiorina's departure.
    Under the company's agreement she was paid slightly more than $20 million in severance

7. BTW I'm not alone...Jim Rogers is a first class capitalist who returned 4200% to his investors in 10 years. 420% a year!!!>Rogers co-founded the Quantum Fund. During the following 10 years, the portfolio gained 4200% while the S&P advanced about 47%.

His quote
    August 18, 2012
    The Election Is Irrelevant
    As far as I’m concerned, the election is irrelevant. One happens to be from Boston and one from Chicago, and whoever wins, their friends are going to do well, but other than that America is not going to do well. There’s very little difference in any of these guys. None of them understands the problem. These are the guys that got us into trouble. You expect them to get us out? - in The FT

It is about time the Africal American Communities took responsibility for their own actions and stopped trying to blame their problems on others.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post

Also, Juan Williams was on Fox News several years before PBS got rid of him. He believes that it was the primary reason.

The National GOP leadership does not like the TEA Party. They are the "Blue Blood" leaders and they do not want the TEA Party candidates knocking them out of power. The GOP gives only lip service to the TEA Party. They expect the TEA Party and Conservatives to support their candidates but when a TEA Party candidate beats out their endorsed candidate, the leadership tells the TEA Party, "OK you wanted him now YOU get him elected!" They do not help at all, then blame the TEA Party for not being able to take the Senate.

Look at how the "great" leaders have treated Ted Cruz and Rubio.

I was a delegate here in MN and know first hand how some of the leaders feel about the TEA Party. Also in the last convention a resolution was rammed through to basically sideline any and all who are not approved by their "anointed" candidate.

Which is why many of us who are conservative and like the TEA Party basically want to give up on the GOP!

10. Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    The National GOP leadership does not like the TEA Party. They are the "Blue Blood" leaders and they do not want the TEA Party candidates knocking them out of power.
    Which is why many of us who are conservative and like the TEA Party basically want to give up on the GOP!
    I think there are a lot of voters up for grabs. If they dropped the religious right there are many unhappy dems and all the libertarians. I'm religious but don't want it mixed into politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Albert View Post
    I think there are a lot of voters up for grabs. If they dropped the religious right there are many unhappy dems and all the libertarians. I'm religious but don't want it mixed into politics.
    That was what the libs did and lost the South. The South did not leave the DNC. The DNC left the South.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast