Denver Cops Arrest Italian Shotgun Manufacturer as a 'Suspected Terrorist' - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver Cops Arrest Italian Shotgun Manufacturer as a 'Suspected Terrorist'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post

High Quality Shotgun Manufacterer; Daniele Perazzi, was arrested on Saturday after a cab driver turned him into police as a 'suspected' terrorist. The Perazzi Shotguns Executive was taken into custody by apparently clueless Adams County Deputies outside of the Denver Merchandise Mart where the annual Colorado Gun Collectors Show was being held over the weekend. The show is a noted venue for he finest collectors firearms in the world.

“He loaded prototype shotguns into the cab on the way to the Firearm's Merchandise Mart,” gun rights activist and newly-elected National Rifle Association Director Steve Schreiner told Gun Rights Examiner on Sunday. “The cab driver notified law enforcement he suspected he had a terrorist in his cab, and they were waiting to intercept him, evidently oblivious to the fact that he was arriving at a highly-publicized area gun show.”

Perazzi’s lawyers told the police the gun firm executive was not a terrorist but “the owner of one of the most expensive shotgun companies in the world,” Schreiner said.

According to Fox 31 in Denver, the Italian gun manufacturer was very frightened by this incident. Schreiner said Mr. Perazzi was told in a threatening manner by the police to leave the state by Saturday night. Instead, he left the country. His lawyer said legal action against the police is quite possible in the future.

Fox reported that Denver taxi drivers were honored last week for reporting incidents while on duty. The awards are part of a program called Taxis on Patrol (TOPS) that encourages cabbies to report suspicious activity.

Denver Cops Arrest Italian Shotgun Manufacturer as a Terrorist Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    I really want to like you post but find myself unable because I don't like what took place and your post was about the incident, therefore I don't really like it.
    BUT, I do thank you for your posting the piece for all to be aware of what is happening. Everyone sees something different out in the WWW an if we each post some of what we see here we will be more informed.
    So Thanks Outlaw, much appreciated. I like the fact that you did post.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Prisoner exchange... Amanda Knox for Perazzi.

Talk about Jack-Boot thuggery. Running someone out of town who was legally transporting legal firearms, engaged in legal commerce.

Apparently it is not just the IRS who have turned on the American people.

Colorado - chasing gun makers out of the state one at a time.

Regardless of whether they actually make any there or not.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

IMHO this is nothing more than the police state recruiting snitches. How many innocent people have been killed in no-knock raids from these "tips" only to find out later that the information was bad? If the story is accurate then I hope he follows through with a lawsuit. Is it asking to much of the police that when they do receive tips of this nature that they at least investigate before jumping to conclusions?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

My question is why wasn't Armi, the Perazzi USA head not bringing the shotguns to Denver? Why did Daniele from Italian operations carry the weapons through town? You would think that Armi would know the laws in the states better than Daniele and know better how to deal with the stupidity of the Denver LE.

Eh, I just realized, I don't care about those questions... I'm never buying such an expensive shotgun. I still have my trusty Sears model with Ted Williams signature on it. It has served me fine. :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. I blame the gun show people who held any pro-gun event in Colorado. They should have boycotted the State!

8. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    My question is why wasn't Armi, the Perazzi USA head not bringing the shotguns to Denver? Why did Daniele from Italian operations carry the weapons through town? You would think that Armi would know the laws in the states better than Daniele and know better how to deal with the stupidity of the Denver LE.

Eh, I just realized, I don't care about those questions... I'm never buying such an expensive shotgun. I still have my trusty Sears model with Ted Williams signature on it. It has served me fine. :)
    By targeting him based partly on his national origin they made it easier for him to get a larger payday and by violating his 2nd amendment rights they will be bleeding even more money. The fact that he is one of the worlds largest gun manufacturers that was in the process of legally selling guns makes might cause the FBI to investigate whether this is a pattern of behavior which would fall under deprivation of rights under color of law which makes it a felony for anyone in legal authority such as LEOs to use that authority to prevent people from doing things that they have a legal right to do.

Denver police arrest a a visiting businessman and than tell him he better leave the State by sundown partner. Who are these morons who don't even know what
    events are taking place in their own town , a gun display show at that.
    This, all on the word of a cab driver, the cops didn't even see fit to check out the incident before arresting this man, I wonder how long it will be before he
    returns to this Country, if ever.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    I really want to like you post but find myself unable because I don't like what took place and your post was about the incident, therefore I don't really like it.
    BUT, I do thank you for your posting the piece for all to be aware of what is happening. Everyone sees something different out in the WWW an if we each post some of what we see here we will be more informed.
    So Thanks Outlaw, much appreciated. I like the fact that you did post.
    You are welcome....I'm truly sorry to be the bearer of more insane news though. :-(
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    You are welcome....I'm truly sorry to be the bearer of more insane news though. :-(
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news too, but the story is a hoax. The latest update from Perazzi S.p.A. says this:

PRESS RELEASE From Perazzi SpA With reference to press reports Concerning Daniele Perazzi's alleged unlawful arrest for terrorism last Saturday in Denver (Colorado), That we were the incident is devoid of any foundation and the news is completely fabricated. Daniele Perazzi (founder of Perazzi SpA) died last year, and his son Mauro was not in the United States last Saturday. The Perazzis are not involved in. any wrongdoing in any way, shape or form and, to our best knowledge, are not under investigation or scrutiny nor are targets of criminal proceedings. The Perazzi Company, contrarily to what Has Been Reported, is very familiar with the U.S. legislation on two weapons to its extensive presence in the American market. Perazzi is considering to take legal action to protect the brand and the Company's reputation in the USA. Perazzi SpA
    Full disclosure here: I can't stand Infowars or Alex Jones or any of his on-air "talent," but I broke my own rule and clicked on the OP link because I wanted to track down the source of this story. After watching the video there, and reading the accompanying article, and going to the website of the local Denver Fox 31 source of the Infowars story, I started reading the Comments section. I found the above Press Release down in the Comments, and being always-skeptical of anything I find on Infowars, I searched on some key phrases in the release to see if I could find it from Perazzi themselves, or some other media source that I trust. I did find the release on Perazzi's website, but it was in Italian, so I kept searching. I found the translation on David Codrea's Gun Examiner Blog with his explanation for how he came to be duped by the story himself. You can read that here, but in any case, some very reliable sources got hoodwinked by this story, so no one needs to feel bad for falling for it or posting it. I just wanted to set the record straight.

Blues

ETA: I posted the last paragraph before reading the whole Codrea explanation. It turns out that one of his sources for his original account of the story is the N R A's newly-elected Director, Steve Schreiner, who assured Codrea that he was an eye-witness to some of the events that Perazzi now claims is a wholly fabricated hoax. Somebody is lying through their teeth. I guess the record is as-yet still not set straight. Watching with interest.....
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast