Another happy ending. Woman shoots intruder. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another happy ending. Woman shoots intruder.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    You better hope that you never have to fire your weapon in self defense from here on out, because if you do and you kill someone, the above statement will be the prosecutor's #1 umm.....smoking gun piece of evidence that you had death on your mind, and not self-defense. Intentionally killing someone is illegal. Defending yourself and stopping the threat with appropriate levels of force, even in the most anti-gun states in the Union, is not.

If you want to reconsider your lapse in judgment for posting such self-incriminating drivel on a public forum, and edit that out, I would be happy to edit (or delete) my post in reply to it.

Blues
    Blues is absolutely correct. Everything you put out on the internet is discoverable by an enterprising prosecutor if you are involved in a shooting. You have the authority to use force, including deadly force in some instances, to defend yourself or others by stopping the threat. There is a significant moral, intellectual, and legal difference between stopping the threat and killing. Everyone recognizes that when deadly force is used to stop a threat a killing can occur. The killing is incidental to stopping the threat, and not the purpose or goal of stopping the threat. That's a very important distinction.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    You better hope that you never have to fire your weapon in self defense from here on out, because if you do and you kill someone, the above statement will be the prosecutor's #1 umm.....smoking gun piece of evidence that you had death on your mind, and not self-defense. Intentionally killing someone is illegal. Defending yourself and stopping the threat with appropriate levels of force, even in the most anti-gun states in the Union, is not.

If you want to reconsider your lapse in judgment for posting such self-incriminating drivel on a public forum, and edit that out, I would be happy to edit (or delete) my post in reply to it.

Blues
    If you reread my post, you will see that I said nothing about what I would do. However, I will say that I will 'stop the threat' by using deadly force while embracing all legal means in doing so.

And I don't back off any statements I have made on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JSDinTexas View Post
    People who defend/approve the use of a .22 for defense usually have convinced themselves that it is enough gun because they carry one and try to justify doing it. It is the same mindset that just wants to "stop the threat" instead of burning the BG down.
    As I have said elsewhere: carry and do what you want. The decision will go only three ways - you'll be dead and not have to worry about it, you'll be alive for a while to watch your household and family be ravaged and then probably killed, or you'll be alive standing over the trash saying thank goodness I had enough firepower.
    Not worthy of a comment !!!!!!!!

She did What they should be able to do for themselves.

After reading the posts associated to this thread, I find myself needing to make a simplistic statement.
    Not having experienced her victimization, I can only imagine the anxiety and fear that she was subjected to that brought her to the point of picking up a weapon and using its force against her attacker. I am truly happy for her in that she had made the decision for whatever reason to own and understand the operation of the weapon she used to save herself from God only knows what harm. I further hope and pray that more women take this stand and learn to protect themselves from the evil in this world. Mine has and I am proud of her for the decisions she has made.
    Dog
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345