Another happy ending. Woman shoots intruder.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another happy ending. Woman shoots intruder.

Another happy ending. Woman shoots intruder.

Another happy ending. Woman shoots knife-wielding intruder (with a .22, no less) 9 times. Bad guy dead. Woman is slightly injured, but will be fine.

Police: Woman Shot Intruder 9 Times In Self Defense | www.wsbtv.com

Too bad she had to deal with this. Glad she was able to handle the situation effictively.
    -Austin

4. One more BG done for!

She needs a bigger gun.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    She needs a bigger gun.
    She hit her target 9 freakin' times. Seems to me she's more than proficient with the gun she has.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    She hit her target 9 freakin' times. Seems to me she's more than proficient with the gun she has.
    Proficient, yes. But not all altercations will allow the ability to get nine shots in. That suggests the need for a more powerful gun. She still did good though. I'm not faulting her in any way. Just sayin.....
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

I guess this answers the question as to whether the .22 is a good defensive round.

It can be argued that the .22 is too small to be called a 'man stopper' but it certainly stopped this guy.

DISCLAIMER: (Which is to say before you write back to slam me) I am not condoning or encouraging the use of .22 as a defensive round. It worked in this instance. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wouldn't call this a happy outcome for her. Being forced to shoot a perp is a very unpleasant experience.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

People don't realize how much damage a .22 can do. Those bullets can bounce around inside a person and do a lot of damage.
    With 9 shots in him I'm surprised he got as far as he did. However, if she had a .32 acp I think 3 or 4 would have been more than enough maybe 2 would have done it. She would be smart to move up to a bigger cal. However if she feels comfortable with a .22 she should practice with it a lot. I carry either a .380 or a .32 with a 3.5 barrel and feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I wouldn't call this a happy outcome for her. Being forced to shoot a perp is a very unpleasant experience.
    I think the point was more along the lines of the outcome of being attacked and and forced to shoot a perp had a happy ending. The circumstances were of course tragic, and she'll of course have significant issues to deal with as a result. But those will be much happier than they would have been had she not have been able to defend herself successfully. "Happy ending" was therefore used in more of a relative sense. You bring up a good point though that doesn't get mentioned much here. Even a successful self defense event has negative repercussions on a victim, particularly if they have to kill the perpetrator. The effects are both physical and psychological, and the physical effects are not at all limited to your body. They can include significant legal or socioeconomic issues. There are a number of good references out there on these topics that are well worth the time spent reading them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast