Live in Reality - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live in Reality

Live in Reality

Shoot until the threat is stopped. Doesn't matter if its a whole mag of .22LR or .45ACP. I can tell you from training, I can dump a whole mag of .22LR in the heart shadow or head of my target quicker than my .45 (my 9mm is somewhere in between). I believe there is some validity to the "bigger hole" argument, but I also put some credence into "a lot of small holes equals a big hole." Carry what you are comfortable, accurate, and reliable with.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    I believe there is some validity to the "bigger hole" argument, but I also put some credence into "a lot of small holes equals a big hole." Carry what you are comfortable, accurate, and reliable with.
    we can discuss the fallacy of tight groupings, when trying to stop an attack, well placed and spread out holes will cause a faster loss of blood which will take the threat out of the fight faster

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamity023 View Post
    My choice to not carry a .22 is rooted in my experience with the reliability of the cartridge. I do not want to take the chance of having a FTF, FTE, FTC. Even with reputable ammunition. Ever since the passage of the ridiculous legislation here in CT, my main carry caliber has been and will remain .45ACP.
    My main carry caliber also. Love that slow moving, hard hitting hollow point .45.

IF I got to throw lead, I want the biggest chunks I can throw. Ya'all throw want you want. It's your life, do as you see fit. Me, 45ACP-Cocked & Locked. When the adrenaline is pumping and the BG is firing back. I'd sooner take large chunks out, missing center mass, then possibly missing with a small caliber.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Stratocaster View Post
    That's not an ounce of sense; it's only 230 grains of sense.
    That's why you double tap.

(230+230=460 and there's 437.5 grains in an ounce.)

Any caliber is better than no caliber. My current choices are .380 and 9mm, because I shoot them pretty well, ammo is relatively inexpensive, and the physical size & weight of my carry weapons means that I will have them on me instead of leaving them at the house. With that said, I may eventually venture in to a .45 ACP later on for the shock effect. I read in an FBI article (of which I do not currently have a link, nor do I want to search for it right now) that one of the biggest effects in using your gun to stop a threat is the attacker's mind set. In other words, "oh crap, I've been shot" is a huge factor in whether or not the attack is stopped. Likewise, when the attacker does not realize he's been shot, the attack may continue. And the attacker may or may not realize he's been shot whether it is from a .45 or a .22. Anyway, the OP is posting about reality, and the reality is the first sentance in my post.

Best point so far: If you are carrying for self defense, carry the gun and caliber with which you practice and are most comfortable getting your first and each subsequent shot on target. A big hole in the wall will not stop the BG...ever, and I would not count on the scare factor stopping an attack. Just my $0.02, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Shoot until the threat is stopped. Doesn't matter if its a whole mag of .22LR or .45ACP. I can tell you from training, I can dump a whole mag of .22LR in the heart shadow or head of my target quicker than my .45 (my 9mm is somewhere in between). I believe there is some validity to the "bigger hole" argument, but I also put some credence into "a lot of small holes equals a big hole." Carry what you are comfortable, accurate, and reliable with.
    ________

DRNurse1

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Y'all do realize that you are replying to an OP by a poster who is completely cluzless, right? For any newcomers who don't know his posting history (or "histrionics" might be a better word), or old-timers who might've just missed it, you can learn about this anti-gun troll here, and in a follow-up here. If either of those posts seem overly-harsh, I suggest you click on his nick and select "View Forum Posts" and scrutinize his persona on this forum to see if you think, like I do, that his only intention here is to foment conflict and try to be "subtle" about his wish to ban "assault rifles," limit magazine capacity and create a full-on registration scheme through the rubric of "universal background checks." The more replies he gets to OPs like this one, the more his goal of conflict between gun owners is fed. He's already been banned on some of the gun-related forums listed in that first link for the same kind of idiocy he spews here.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Thanks Blue "the truth be told".
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

11. The Calibre Press book, 'Street Survival,' has a photo of a BG who soaked up 33 rounds of police 9mm, and then it took a butt stroke with a shotgun to put him down, where he bled out. He was stoked to the gills on PCP and a number of the GSWs were fatal rounds. Normally, shot placement is far more important than caliber, but occasionally, drugs can pretty much negate the effects of gunfire long enough for the BG to inflict serious damage.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast