England citizens deserve the gov't and laws they put in place - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England citizens deserve the gov't and laws they put in place

I read that the first police to respond were unarmed. They had to call for the "real" police who were armed.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

This is my first post as I have just joined. I am from Australia and of course you all know we have NO general carry rights here concealed or not. As a hunter, I am a registered/licence firearms owner in my home state, but have not had concealable firearms or membership of a pistol club here for 20 years or more.

That said, I am becoming more aware of the value of an armed citizenry in the society in which we live today. Whilst we do not have the Sandy Hook situation occurring often, but we have had something like over a dozen murders/shooting his year. This seems to be from organized crime groups who seem to have no difficulty in freely obtaining concealed weapons.

I watched the news of this UK patriot who had served his country (and the cause of freedom), who was brutally murdered and dismembered in broad daylight and in the streets within public view, with the police taking 20 minutes to get there. I wonder if there was just one responsible citizen with a legal CCW, this event could have been over in seconds and would have denied these terrorists the platform they so desperately sought (and used), thus sending a strong message to other would be terrorists.

There is no more compelling case for concealed carry than this, surely?
    Cheers and God bless,

Quote Originally Posted by magnum308 View Post
    This is my first post as I have just joined. I am from Australia
    I wonder if there was just one responsible citizen with a legal CCW, this event could have been over in seconds and would have denied these terrorists the platform they so desperately sought (and used), thus sending a strong message to other would be terrorists.

There is no more compelling case for concealed carry than this, surely?

Welcome to the forum magnum 308. I agree, this is a very compelling reason for concealed carry. And I believe that, as you say, "if there was just one responsible citizen with a legal CCW, this event could have been over in seconds and would have denied these terrorists the platform they so desperately sought (and used), thus sending a strong message to other would be terrorists". However, the big problem here in America is that only an extremely small number of our citizens exercise their right to carry. Even here in America the chances of someone preventing such a crime under the circumstances wouldn't be any different than in Britain.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    One of the two TERRORIST also had a gun, interesting, I will never surrender mine. This would have been over in a hurry in a carry state, sucks to be in IL, NY.

Guns are illegal in England yet the BGs had guns. Hmmm.... I can't believe they didn't abide by the law. Funny how the liberal media isnt making the argument that making guns illegal like in England doesn't equal world peace, doesn't stop violence.

This world is full of animals. Liberals think we live in a civilized utopia. When they saw what took place, they asked "How could somebody do that?" Followed by "why did they do that?". Neither matter. I saw it with little surprise. I have accepted that what used to be normal is no longer. Expect the unexpected and be prepared. No way THAT could happen, right? Guess what, it did and worse will happen.

The media is fueling this bullsh-t. Showing a massacre of a man and giving the "world stage" to the animals that did it. Think that doesn't fuel the jihadist passion? Satan is running the media and this country is plunging in to dark times.

Watch what happens when the SHTF. You'll see how civilized we are. The shock of what will happen will paralyze many in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutStalker View Post
    Satan is running the media and this country is plunging in to dark times.

Watch what happens when the SHTF. You'll see how civilized we are. The shock of what will happen will paralyze many in this country.
    All Signs of the End of the Age & the Last Generation. (Luke 21:26) "Men's hearts will fail them for fear and for looking upon those things which are coming on the earth; for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Even here in America the chances of someone preventing such a crime under the circumstances wouldn't be any different than in Britain.[/I]
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull11 View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Like I said, the big problem here in America is that only an extremely small number of our citizens exercise their right to carry.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

What are the numbers of CC licenses in the US (I assume you need to have a license to carry a CCW in all US states)? Can anyone venture an informed guess?
    Cheers and God bless,

Concealed Carry Permit Statistics By State Report

Posted: December 18, 2012
    Here is a list of state concealed carry permit statistics compiled via law enforcement agency reports and published by the Legally Armed website. Note that the numbers are approximates due to the ever fluctuating nature of gun purchases and training certification.

Alaska 7,568

Alabama 350,000

Arizona 178,482 (NO PERMITS REQUIRED)

Arkansas 127,395

California 35,000

Colorado 139,560

Connecticut 176,446

Delaware 5,000

Florida 985,143

Georgia 600,000

Hawaii The report states that most recent figures supplied show that 183 private security firm employees were issued concealed carry licenses, 3.7 percent of such requests were reportedly rejected. Three private citizens applied for concealed carry licenses in Honolulu and were rejected for not meeting the criteria mandated by the police chief.

Idaho 77,000

Illinois The concealed carry ban in the state was overturned earlier this week. Illinois lawmakers reportedly have six months to establish criteria for permit certification.

Indiana 420,711

Iowa 243,000

Kansas 57,804

Kentucky 216,463

Louisiana 40,302

Maine 29,000

Maryland 47,000

Massachusetts 251,000 (The state has two tier system, one tier is for possession and another for carrying a firearm. The permit license figure was based on the estimated 80 percent of overall license holders in both tiers who actually legally carry a gun.)

Michigan 321,599

Minnesota 112,091

Mississippi 43,000

Missouri 155,006

Montana 27,708

Nebraska 15,432

Nevada 56,358

New Hampshire Non-resident permits issued according to available published data: 6,830. New Hampshire reportedly has a confidentiality of resident permits laws, exact data on the number of resident holders was not available at the time of publication.

New Jersey 32,000

New Mexico 22,000

New York Published data indicates that 93,028 licenses were amended, indicating a 39 percent increase. In New York City, approximately 2,145 concealed carry holders existed when the index report was created.

North Carolina 228,072

Michigan 15,937

Ohio 301,692

Oklahoma 122,000

Oregon 147,000

Pennsylvania 142,477

Rhode Island 4,148

South Carolina 148,624

South Dakota 62,000

Tennessee 376,050

Texas 524,000

Utah 347,000