An Instrument of Revolution.....

Thread: An Instrument of Revolution.....

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

Please watch this video here before going to the YouTube channel to check out comments etc. The artistry, craftsmanship and pure genius from this guitar builder is obviously evident here, but things are not as they seem. A post will follow this one shortly that will explain why I say that. For the time being though, enjoy the making of "The Gattar," an instrument custom-made for revolutionaries:

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Pretty cool, huh? Knowing a thing or two about guitars, weapons, electronics, welding and design, I can say unequivocally that Mr. Diresta is a craftsman of the highest order. I give him highest props for that.

However, as I said in Post #1, things are not as they seem. Mr. Diresta is apparently also a bleeding heart liberal who sees his creation as a novel way of "taking guns off the street." (In quotations because as we all have seen, none of that guitar is made out of an actual gun or parts from a gun.) It was commissioned by one of the most famous Reggea artists today, Wyclef Jean. Part 2 of the above video explains both Wyclef's and Jimmy Diresta's motivation for the project:

So there ya go. "Revolution" means different things to different people. To me, revolution starts with revolting against God and His Word. I, therefore, consider myself a counter-revolutionary. My counter-revolt is not against government, but against evil. I believe that God sanctioned the men, the cause and the Constitution of the counter-revolution against evil that Great Britain imposed on people whom God always wanted to be free. That is just my take. I realize that it is not inaccurate to call our country's founding the result of a Revolutionary War, and would not presume to try to correct or otherwise admonish anyone who speaks of it as such. I'm just explaining why I believe that Mr. Diresta and Mr. Jean are indeed involved in a revolution as I understand and process the word. They are revolting against the Constitution, against what God sanctioned, against The People's interests just like every leftist revolutionary in the history of mankind has always done.

Guess I'll stick with my Les Paul until a real gun-rights advocating craftsman comes along and builds an AR in support of the Constitution, instead of like Mr. Diresta, against it.

Blues

Very interesting build ..... Thanks for sharing that. I think I will stick with my strat for now. It was a killer build though and it did sound cool.

Good post. Interesting, and as you note disappointing in the end. Gotta say I wish I could handle a band saw like Mr. Diresta though...

6. An Instrument of Revolution.....

My first and only electric guitar has a whammy bar and at the time I thought it was so cool. I regret ever getting it because tuning on the fly is nearly impossible.

A master craftsman and a political fool. In my opinion, for what it's worth.