Reply from state senator

Thread: Reply from state senator

Reply from state senator

This is the reply I got from the MA senator who is in charge while John Kerry screws up on a bigger scale.

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing me with regard to your views on gun violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

Recent tragedies have shone a light nationally on an issue that has affected our communities for decades. Anyone who has met a gun violence survivor or the families of gun violence victims can tell you all too well that this is a real problem and that we need a national solution. While Americans have the freedom to legally purchase and own firearms, we must do more to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill individuals. We also must do a better job of halting illegal gun trafficking. Law enforcement groups have said time and again that stricter control of the purchase and use of handguns will lead to an increase in public safety.

That is why I am supporting legislative measures to keep us safe from gun violence while protecting our Second Amendment rights. I am also a cosponsor of the Gun Show Background Check Act of 2013. I believe it is just common sense to require that anyone who wants to purchase a firearm be subject to a background check regardless of where they purchase it.

I have also cosponsored the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 and the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act of 2013. Dangerous military style weapons have no place in civilian life and these measures would put in place reasonable measures to alleviate at least some of the threats they pose.

I am disappointed that the Senate has not passed the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 but I will continue to promote and support commonsense policies to keep our citizens safer and reduce gun violence and keep illegal guns off our streets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me on this or any other issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,

William 'Mo' Cowan
    United States Senator

In other words, " I'm anti 2nd Amendment".
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Very anti second

Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    This is the reply I got from the MA senator who is in charge while John Kerry screws up on a bigger scale.

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing me with regard to your views on gun violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

Recent tragedies have shone a light nationally on an issue that has affected our communities for decades. Anyone who has met a gun violence survivor or the families of gun violence victims can tell you all too well that this is a real problem – and that we need a national solution. While Americans have the freedom to legally purchase and own firearms, we must do more to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill individuals. We also must do a better job of halting illegal gun trafficking. Law enforcement groups have said time and again that stricter control of the purchase and use of handguns will lead to an increase in public safety.

That is why I am supporting legislative measures to keep us safe from gun violence while protecting our Second Amendment rights. I am also a cosponsor of the Gun Show Background Check Act of 2013. I believe it is just common sense to require that anyone who wants to purchase a firearm be subject to a background check – regardless of where they purchase it.

I have also cosponsored the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 and the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act of 2013. Dangerous military style weapons have no place in civilian life and these measures would put in place reasonable measures to alleviate at least some of the threats they pose.

I am disappointed that the Senate has not passed the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 but I will continue to promote and support commonsense policies to keep our citizens safer and reduce gun violence and keep illegal guns off our streets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me on this or any other issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,

William 'Mo' Cowan
    United States Senator
    Vote him out. He is irrational anyway.

So I bet he supports Right to Life as long it's choice.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Typical anti 2A as$h&*%.

Reply from state senator

It seems to me that they all are using the same form letter. I have gotten 6 of them saying the same thing from different Senators in PA. Every gun show I've gone to in PA they do background checks when you buy a gun so their so full of SH!T

Quote - Dangerous military style weapons have no place in civilian life - Unquote
    What a fool! He knows nothing about America or the Second Amendment.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#