"Unless authorized by law" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Unless authorized by law"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Believe you are free to carry under the second amendment. Should produce some interesting results if every American started carrying.
    Pretty sure it's too late in the game for that. Was told when getting my permit that open carry was legal here, but they recommended against it. Thinking if someone did, they would get harassed by law enforcement most ricky tick. MWAG calls would pour in and it would be nothing but grief. Living in a college town really sucks once you get past the side shows and realize how these institutions have control over areas far beyond campus.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    It's a never-ending source of amusement (and dismay) in certain gun forums to see how those who read constitutional language in complete ignorance of the principles and history of constitutional interpretation lecture those of us who have done that professionally for many, many years. But then there are those for whom slogans that lend themselves to bumper stickers and t-shirts mean more than inconvenient reality about how the law really works. Certainly there's a lot less thinking involved.
    The legal system in this country is corrupt and broken just like the political system. In fact, they are becoming one in the same. "How the law works" is the whole problem. You can come off all indignant and attempt to insult others as much as you want, but the truth is, you are trolling. I just do not understand how it can be anything else. It would be "ignorant" to think differently because if I were on a website where the posts bothered me as these appear to bother you, I would just leave. After all, why on earth would such an intellectually superior being such as yourself bother with us low life cretins in the first place?
    SR40c said it. Everything about your profile and post screams self-obsessed troll. You sound like everyone of my high-school teachers, Mr. "Professor Emeritus." After all, how could a teacher possibly ever be wrong about anything? Your opinion is naturally the only correct one.

It's a never-ending source of amusement (and dismay) in certain gun forums to see how those who read constitutional language in complete ignorance of the principles and history of constitutional interpretation lecture those of us who have done that professionally for many, many years. But then there are those for whom slogans that lend themselves to bumper stickers and t-shirts mean more than inconvenient reality about how the law really works. Certainly there's a lot less thinking involved.
    Yes, you are 100% correct, So, WHY ARE YOU SHOWING ALL OF US YOUR IGNORANCE???? You have shown by YOUR statements that you swallowed, hook, line and sinker what the gov't schools forced down your throat without even questioning if it was correct..... Go away and dont come back until you know what you are talking about....

In Ohio, the signs DO have force of law and the only people authorized by law to carry where there is a sign prohibiting it are law enforcement and military.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealCincinnati View Post
    In Ohio, the signs DO have force of law and the only people authorized by law to carry where there is a sign prohibiting it are law enforcement and military.
    Nope, You are wrong about the military....... They have no legal power off post/base...... The signs only apply to federal state and local police....... BUT... Like I said b4, if you want to get down to the nitty gritty of what is actually legal or not, Shall Not Be Infringed applies...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Believe you are free to carry under the second amendment. Should produce some interesting results if every American started carrying.
    The second amendment does not inherently make you free to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    The second amendment does not inherently make you free to carry.
    Yes...it does; regardless of what your liberal education has crammed down your throat Mr. Professor. "...the right of the People, to keep and BEAR Arms, shall NOT BE INFRINGED."

We have a new award coming out on this forum... It is called "The Constitutionally Challenged Award" and noserme and BuddhaKat are neck and neck for the top prize.....

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    The last time I remember nosreme tuggin' on that canard-o'-matic BS, was in the this exchange:

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    People who know constitutional law by virtue of education and long experience in it have a habit of annoying those who talk in constitutional slogans and fox"news"speak, don't they?
    As knee-jerk as your propensity to demean others whom you believe to be intellectually-inferior to you is, you apparently didn't even realize that Judge Napolitano gained his knowledge of "constitutional law by virtue of education and long experience in it," while you automatically dismiss him just because he's imparting his knowledge on a network you don't like. I judge that to be indicative that you are intellectually-inferior to Judge Napolitano. Tool.

Blues
    If you can't tell, that was in a thread that linked to a video of Judge Andrew Napolitano disagreeing with nosreme's brainless defense of what Napolitano deemed a new unconstitutional law (I think it was HR 347 for anyone keeping score). That was five months ago. How soon we forget, eh nosreme? You basically called a judge annoying and a purveyor of slogans and "fox news speak." I sincerely wish I could see you at work letting something like that slip in front of His/Her Honor, instead of in the anonymity of an internet forum. Same stuff, just five months later.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The last time I remember nosreme tuggin' on that canard-o'-matic BS, was in the this exchange:

People who know constitutional law by virtue of education and long experience in it have a habit of annoying those who talk in constitutional slogans and fox"news"speak, don't they?
    As knee-jerk as your propensity to demean others whom you believe to be intellectually-inferior to you is, you apparently didn't even realize that Judge Napolitano gained his knowledge of "constitutional law by virtue of education and long experience in it," while you automatically dismiss him just because he's imparting his knowledge on a network you don't like. I judge that to be indicative that you are intellectually-inferior to Judge Napolitano. Tool.

Blues
    If you can't tell, that was in a thread that linked to a video of Judge Andrew Napolitano disagreeing with nosreme's brainless defense of what Napolitano deemed a new unconstitutional law (I think it was HR 347 for anyone keeping score). That was five months ago. How soon we forget, eh nosreme? You basically called a judge annoying and a purveyor of slogans and "fox news speak." I sincerely wish I could see you at work letting something like that slip in front of His/Her Honor, instead of in the anonymity of an internet forum. Same stuff, just five months later.

Blues

So right Blues. Nosreme has the luxury to have a captive audience of college students who haven't learned to think for themselves. His thinking isn't challenged by them so he thinks he is the supreme ruler of knowledge. His "Emeritus" status fuels his ego and that ego goes unchecked by his colleagues let alone his "students". I could only imagine sitting in his lectures. Talk about enough BS. It's amazing they charge kids nowadays $300 to $400k to be brainwashed with the BS these "professors" spew.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast