Flashlights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashlights

Flashlights

The lights I used at work are 250LM Surefire and Streamlight. We paid almost 200.00 each for them….This one is made out of aircraft aluminum….

This one is 1600LM. I have the 600LM version for my personal carry and just noticed this unit....
    UltraFire Cree XM-L T6 LED 1600 Lumen 5 Modes LED Flashlight (1 x 18650/3 x AAA Battery)

Can’t beat the price. I’m going to get one to carry with weapon at night.

Recharge batteries are not that expensive for this unit as it does not come with batteries….

Here are the batteries and recharger on eBay.

2pcs UltraFire 3000mAh 3 7V 18650 Li ion Rechargeable Battery Red Charger | eBay
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Let us know how it works. I am always skeptical of the mega lumen claims on inexpensive flashlights. Although Cree makes one of the best LED's in the business it's still hard to imagine a true 1600 lumens of light for 15.00 bucks.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Let us know how it works. I am always skeptical of the mega lumen claims on inexpensive flashlights. Although Cree makes one of the best LED's in the business it's still hard to imagine a true 1600 lumens of light for 15.00 bucks.
    for some reason I think it might be a typo, my 200 lumen light is blinding enough

My wife and I have been totally satisfied with Streamlight (both the handheld and weapon mounted)

Had mine for about 8 months now. It did not dissapoint. With a proper battery it is blinding. For the price I bought another two. My only thought based on packaging they may have been refurbished. But like I said they perform as expected.

I have one of the 600LM units by this mfg and have been impressed...I just noticed the 1600LM unit so I ordered it..
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Flashlights

I use a surefire 2Z day to day operations, and I have a surefire 951 mounted on my long rifle. One of the most surprising buys that is a great light is a Kobalt aluminum tactical LED I got on clearance for $5.00. Only thing is Lowes doesn't carry the light anymore :-(.. The 2z is a little big but It does work great. I think the E2 defender is in my future for sheer compactness. I find it difficult to trust anything other than surefire but am definitely interested to know how this little guy in the link works out.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

i've been using the 4 sevens "http://www.foursevens.com/products/flashlights/Maelstrom" brand for over a year and have very good luck with it, my every day cary is the preon at 160 lumens and runs around $45 and the Maelstrom MMU at 800 lumens $155
    NRA member
    NJ2AS

I bought a BSA combo outfit of red dot scope, laser, and 140 lumen flashlight. 140 lumen at close range is blinding and out to 250ft, lights up the intended target. Anything more than 100 ft is beyond what I intend to fire the MPA 10 at anyways.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post

I have one of the 600LM units by this mfg and have been impressed...I just noticed the 1600LM unit so I ordered it..
    How much did the 600 lumen cost? I feel like this was probably a typo for 160 lumen like apvb said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast