I do have a problem with my pistol, but...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I do have a problem with my pistol, but...

I do have a problem with my pistol, but...

I probably got a factory defect pistol, but honestly it doesn't bother me much (even most, if not all, people would say it is always best to have a gun that doesn't jam...)
    I go to range once a week, spend around 25 rounds just to keep my hands and eyes used to shooting. Almost all the time I have one or two FTF... I don't know why it is caused, maybe my holding is not firm enough, maybe recoil spring is not lose/tight enough... I am not sure, but I had never had problems with the first few shots. Seems like very last round having problem feeding into chamber.
    What this problem does to me is to train me to handle it as quick as possible. I know every second counts during a conflict, but it is also good to train for jammed rounds. My timing to fix the jam is getting faster each time.
    Again, even though I know it is very important to have a perfect working pistol, it also is big advantage to have a firearm that shots first few rounds perfectly than not to have any :)

I don't know what kind of gun you have, but it sounds like you might have a bad magazine. The spring might be too weak to push the last couple of rounds into the chamber??? Maybe purchase a new magazine and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you can save your current magazine for practice only. Mark it in some way so you never use it as your carry magazine.

If this doesn't fix the problem, let us know what kind of gun your using and maybe someone will come up with another possible fix.
    Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
    - Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948), _Gandhi, An Autobiography_, page 446

What he said^^^^. Good advice. Could also be a burr inside the mag...
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Grip does have A LOT to do with it, but since you describe it as almost always near the end of a loaded mag, I vote for bad mag or bent lips....

I had a similar issue with one of my pistols (ATI 1911 22LR - Great practice gun) turned out to be the gun not likeing the ammo I was using. If you haven't aleady tried different ammo, I would recomend that.

Depends on how long you have had the gun but it, and the mag may just need breaking in. First 2 mag loads I put thru the S&W 4006 stovepiped the third round each time. Played with the mag by shoving the follower down a number of time and allowing it to pop back up. Third, fourth, and fifth mag loads ran without problems.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I did order a new magazine, they sent me exactly the same thing... I will try some another brand later on to see if that's the mag problem... My pistol is Turkish made zig 1911 .45 cal from buds TISAS Classic 1911-A1 45ACP 5" GI BLACK $399.00 SHIPS FREE it is a beautiful pistol with very good accuracy.

9. [QUOTE=ZIG1911;439167]I know it is very important to have a perfect working pistolQUOTE]

I would not bet my life on a wepon that has a known defect. It may fail just when you need it!

A little bit off topic. I reload and I load in 1000 round batches. Out of that 1000 rounds I will deliberately load about 70 to 80 rounds to cause malfunctions. Such as low powder charge so it will not cycle. Seating the bullet to long so it will fail to feed. etc. I will mix up the 1000 rounds before I load them in ammo boxes so I have no idea when they will show up. I have found this to be very valuable training.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    A little bit off topic. I reload and I load in 1000 round batches. Out of that 1000 rounds I will deliberately load about 70 to 80 rounds to cause malfunctions. Such as low powder charge so it will not cycle. Seating the bullet to long so it will fail to feed. etc. I will mix up the 1000 rounds before I load them in ammo boxes so I have no idea when they will show up. I have found this to be very valuable training.
    I hope you're only doing that with your practice ammo, and not your carry rounds.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast