Veteran fires warning shot at home intruder then police confiscate his AR-15 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Veteran fires warning shot at home intruder then police confiscate his AR-15

One more reason to believe that authorities are not your friend.

3. If that man Mr.Corey Thompson happens to read this forum or has a friend reading it, I would tell them years ago when I had a motor cycle accident and was trying to make a settlement, my Attorney informed me that many people hate motor cycles and the people who ride them.So don't expect a jury to see your side. Today I think it's the same thing with many people hating firearms and people owning them. And a lot of this has to do with all the major killing this past year. So just like in my pointing a firearm at a person, back in July of 2010 and my trial in May of 2011, I just was lucky all the major killing had not happened, also we had a non firearm hating jury. Mr. Thompson might be better off taking a plea to a reduced charge, then going to trial today.

4. Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I sure second that post of yours, well do I now know.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    It seems to be the case nowadays unfortunately......
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

My Wife has instructions to wait till the entry is breached and the intruder is inside the door, and then empty the full load into him/her. I will do the same. Then and only then will we relax and make the clean up call. Those of you that disagree with me, DO NOT open my door uninvited!!!!
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Firing a warning shot is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I would think a military veteran would have better tactics than that

8. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Firing a warning shot is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I would think a military veteran would have better tactics than that
    I agree, and in my opinion, if someone ever tries to break into my home, I will be more than happy to wait and see if they succeed or not. However if they succeed, the only way they'll be getting any warning shot is if I happen to miss my first shot.

But at the same time, as stupid as I think the whole idea of a warning shot may be, I don't think he should be criminalized for it.

But yes, if someone is trying to break into my home, I honestly do not want them escaping alive or at least a free man, because in the criminal mind, failure is just rehearsal for success. And I don't want to give them the opportunity to come back and try again. Because once they know you're armed, who knows what they'll try or be capable of the 2nd time.

Never fire a warning shot. Period.

If you're going to give a warning to someone attempting to break in, then from cover yell "Stop! I'm armed!" If the criminal continues then he obviously thinks he's bullet proof and has probably been smoking shirm or something. I'm not saying this is what I would do but in the report it seemed the veteran felt it necessary to give some sort of warning. Yeah, never fire a warning shot.

11. Veteran fires warning shot at home intruder then police confiscate his AR-15

If the first shot aimed at their head happens to miss, consider yourself warned...I'm sure to have better luck with the 29 rounds I have left.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast