Veteran fires warning shot at home intruder then police confiscate his AR-15 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Veteran fires warning shot at home intruder then police confiscate his AR-15

Not warning shot from me. It is a waste of ammunition.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

3. Am sure his Attorney is going make some money.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    If the first shot aimed at their head happens to miss, consider yourself warned...I'm sure to have better luck with the 29 rounds I have left.
    A round in the chamber and 32 in the mag of 9mm should be plenty of warning from my AR-15. But if not, 30 .45ACP rounds from the MPA-10 will be.

The reason NY banned 30 round mags was they were worried too many criminals would end up dead. And then they wouldn't have enough politicians for the next election.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

5. Our Tulsa Oklahoma County District Attorney Tim Harris also with our handpicked by our Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan, tells everyone they do not need firearms to defend their selves or their homes. All that is needed if one feels in any danger is to just call 911,and get down on their knees and pray. Now this is really helpful advice right?

Wait till they get inside. Then fire a warning shot, they have till the bullet hits them to get out.

I understand the warning shot thing, especially if that is SOP in the military. I think I would be more apt to just inform the guy that I was armed and then wait for him to come through the door....unless of course I had a 12 gauge double barrel, then I just fire off 2 rounds through the door and look Uncle Joe to bail me out.

8. Quote Originally Posted by SCTom View Post
    I understand the warning shot thing, especially if that is SOP in the military. I think I would be more apt to just inform the guy that I was armed and then wait for him to come through the door....unless of course I had a 12 gauge double barrel, then I just fire off 2 rounds through the door and look Uncle Joe to bail me out.
    He wouldn't bail you out if you shot 2 rounds through the back door. It would have to be 2 "blasts" off the back balcony. But as I've said in another post, I've never understood why he said that. One shot, maybe. But what the hell does that second shot say that the first shot wouldn't? And if its a double barrel as Uncle Joey prescribed, better hope you've got 2 more rounds sitting next to you to load up with in case those 2 warning shots don't work. Seems like he would have advised 1 warning shot and leave 1 in case he makes it in. Oh we'll, ill never understand democratic thinking.

Note to felon, police and neighbors I do NOT fire warning shots and please bring a body bag as I do not shoot to wound, I shoot to STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Which is why we donít fire warning shots boys and girls. The very fact that the home owner felt that he had time to call out to warn the intruder and tell him he was going to fire a warning shot indicates to me that he wasnít in fear of losing his life or suffering grievous bodily injury. People that are in fear of their life shoot at the bad guy.

And the Medford Oregon PD is correct; nothing is enough justification to fire a warning shot.

It was, that bullet ended up somewhere
    Absolutely the correct reply. Kudos Treo. I just do not understand what is so difficult to understand that seems to require continous threads and replies. Imminent danger--you stop the threat. No imminent danger--nothing to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    Our Tulsa Oklahoma County District Attorney Tim Harris also with our handpicked by our Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan, tells everyone they do not need firearms to defend their selves or their homes. All that is needed if one feels in any danger is to just call 911,and get down on their knees and pray. Now this is really helpful advice right?
    Except that many anti-gunners are atheists. What's a non-believer to do? Beg for mercy from a sociopath.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast