Two new studies confirm More guns, less crime - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two new studies confirm More guns, less crime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Elletson View Post
    The main reason I and many others can't get behind voting Republican is the religious fanaticism. Using pious philosophy to degrade homosexuals, undermining womens' rights,and pushing for religion in schools are a few of the backward and offensive motives of this party. Though this electorate has many good intentions and concepts, Constitutional conviction being one, some will find it difficult to back certain unfriendly and outdated ideas.

But, I will not vote or campaign for any government official who's for gun control or found to be anti-gun rights. This assault on the Second Amendment should be the top issue, for all of us, right now. If we don't stand up, we will surely fall.
    Have you ever considered joining us(Republicans) and help us to change some of the things we don't enjoy about our party.

Spouting facts to a liberal is like a teenager trying to tell a caveman how to use powerpoint. The caveman dont care. Facts mean nothing to the liberal as it usually doesnt coincide with their agenda.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by arbordale View Post
    Have you ever considered joining us(Republicans) and help us to change some of the things we don't enjoy about our party.
    I firmly believe that it would be much easier to start with a new conservative party. A lot of republicans dont get it as evidence by their performance and actions in the past few decades. I pulled myself from that party a long time ago.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I firmly believe that it would be much easier to start with a new conservative party. A lot of republicans dont get it as evidence by their performance and actions in the past few decades. I pulled myself from that party a long time ago.
    It ain't nothing but change, change back to what founded this party. As always, learn from your past. Today's Rino's are only looking for re-election not principals. The PUSH has to come from those that elect.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by arbordale View Post
    Truthfully, no. Religious fundamentalism is too firmly entrenched here. I find organized religion to be the most polarizing and divergent belief system in history. Each specific denomination regards their book, their prophets/saints, their words and their faith the only correct one. To compromise on these beliefs is heresy. This only leaves us with the inability to communicate intelligently and live together in a peaceful society. Considering that no religion I've heard of is based on historical fact, logic, evidence or even a modicum of reality, just makes it that much more of a menacing joke.

If you've read BuddhaKat's post, everything he wrote [with the exception of public prayer at non religious events---at home, go for it] I agree with & could easily have written myself, word for word. My go too's are scientific fact, reason and logic. No hard feelings if you don't agree.

FYI--I do not vote according to party line. I vote for the candidate best suited to follow Constitutional principles and protect each individuals' rights and the right for each individual to protect himself.

I'm personally an independant with Republican tendencies! Both sides don't like me.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Elletson View Post
    Truthfully, no. Religious fundamentalism is too firmly entrenched here. I find organized religion to be the most polarizing and divergent belief system in history. Each specific denomination regards their book, their prophets/saints, their words and their faith the only correct one. To compromise on these beliefs is heresy. This only leaves us with the inability to communicate intelligently and live together in a peaceful society. Considering that no religion I've heard of is based on historical fact, logic, evidence or even a modicum of reality, just makes it that much more of a menacing joke.

If you've read BuddhaKat's post, everything he wrote [with the exception of public prayer at non religious events---at home, go for it] I agree with & could easily have written myself, word for word. My go too's are scientific fact, reason and logic. No hard feelings if you don't agree.

FYI--I do not vote according to party line. I vote for the candidate best suited to follow Constitutional principles and protect each individuals' rights and the right for each individual to protect himself.
    Actually, it is the atheist or nonbeliever that raises most of the issues. Your "scientific fact, reason and logic" comment is nothing but an insult which most atheist are prone to do. Instead of respecting an individual's right to say a prayer before a game, atheist or non-believer's want to make sure that the believer's rights are quashed instead of taking a minute to reflect on their own. I can sense the hate in your input and hope you get over your hate of all things religious. While I may agree with the fact that there may be some zealots out there, for the most part, most "religious" folks I know dont care what you believe but only want to be free to practice there own thing. Religion answers the questions for people that your science cannot answer. I believe that science reveals Gods work but you are free to believe anything you like. Religion is only polarizing if you let it be. When was the last time someone forced you to pray? There are more examples of people being stopped from praying then being made to pray. Relax, soon we will all know the answer.

John Lott put out a book with the same name of this post, It's got some really good facts in there, although it's kind of dry, it took me a few days to read my copy, but it's worth it. I've seen him a few times and most of the time the poor guy can't get a word in because the moderator -IE- Piers Morgan shouts over him and he can't get the facts out, anyway check out your local library and see if thieve got it.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12