Creaky Holster Problem

Thread: Creaky Holster Problem

Creaky Holster Problem

I know this has been discussed before but I can't find anything with a search.

I have several holsters that always creak when I wear them. I've tried dusting them with baby powder as I read somewhere that would stop the noise, but, that hasn't worked.

I need some ideas/tips on stopping the noise. Thanks in advance.

The baby powder probably works best when it's two pieces rubbing each other.
    For leather that just creaks when flexed, it probably needs some moistening.

For my Crossbreed SuperTuck (horsehide) I used Kiwi Leather Lotion. A couple applications and it's been dead quiet for going on three years.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    For my Crossbreed SuperTuck (horsehide) I used Kiwi Leather Lotion. A couple applications and it's been dead quiet for going on three years.
    Mine is from flexing, I think I saw the Leather Lotion at Walmart. I'll check tomorrow. Thanks..

Leather lotion/conditioner/etc on the holster defiantly should help.

Its probably from drying out a bit, I have a leather jacket that did the same until I applied some leather care products to it. All real leather items need some kind of lotion/conditioning etc after awhile.

I use kiwi neutral shoe polish on anyplace where the leather rubs on the belt. Will last for a long time.

Quick and cheap fix...unscented good quality hand lotion. Learned this trick from an upholsterer!
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

Baseball glove oil. Small amount of it the creaky spots. It's a permanent fix but may darken light brown leather so test it on a hidden spot.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

my issue is where the clip on the holster rubs against the leather, will that method fix that as well
    NRA member
    NJ2AS

Quote Originally Posted by RD-G23 View Post
    my issue is where the clip on the holster rubs against the leather, will that method fix that as well
    I've seen Vasoline reduce metal-on-leather squeaks. Use it sparingly and test a sample spot. May need to reapply sparingly every few months.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS