Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 169

Thread: Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by revjen45 View Post
    "From the article:

    "She said that she was told by the police that an officer asked Waller to put down the weapon, but he would not comply."

    Sounds like a legit shoot to me. As unfortunate as it is for all concerned. If the police tell you to drop your weapon and you refuse to comply, you get what you got coming. "

    That's what they always say. Like the "furtive move" after the shootee turns out to be unarmed.
    Cops have a lot of ways to get out of a bad shoot. That's one of several.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  2.   
  3. Wrong address and only witness is the guy ( COP) who shot him. bad training or lie.

  4. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger5 View Post
    Wrong address and only witness is the guy ( COP) who shot him. bad training or lie.
    the "he said, she said" stuff doesn't work when there's only one point of view available...
    Chief

  5. #144
    Bottom line is this: if a cop tells you to drop the gun do it. That isnt the time to get all philosophical or start arguing. Just drop the weapon... if you dont you will probably digest some lead.
    -Austin

  6. #145
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Bottom line is this: if a cop tells you to drop the gun do it. That isnt the time to get all philosophical or start arguing. Just drop the weapon... if you dont you will probably digest some lead.
    Only if he is "faster" than I am!
    Gun in hand beats gun in holster every day and twice on Sunday!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  7. #146
    I sure hope you are kidding. Or have a good life insurance policy. Or both....
    -Austin

  8. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Treo, honestly, I think you need professional help. Holding onto grudges that are more than a year old over such a meaningless discourtesy is bordering on obsessive. I guess the age of that slight will have to be reason enough to forgive being misquoted, but back on Feb. 28, 2012, I said you were a "pusillanimous poltroon." It was a redundant use of language, but it rolled off the tongue with such poetic rhythm that I went ahead and used it because the depth of its redundancy was only exceeded by its truthfulness.



    I certainly have never claimed to be Christ-like, but even if I had, the utterance was in response to you saying, "After reading some of your posts I really, really, believe that some of you strap up every day praying to God for a chance to be a hero."

    As in this thread, your wild imagination got away from you about what people were saying, and I answered that tripe by saying, "...I challenge you to cite one post where anyone said anything close to the equivalent of praying to God for "the chance" to get into a gunfight. One post you pusillanimous poltroon. Good luck with that."

    Of course, that reply didn't come in a vacuum. It was preceded by many posts of yours that could have inspired the same kind of utterance from me or anyone else, including the very person who was involved in the shooting we were discussing. Not surprisingly, you never supplied any example that would lead you to such a specious, insulting, unjustifiably judgmental, and dare I say, un-Christ-like, conclusion about people with whom you had disagreements in an internet forum discussion.

    But here, you're not satisfied with exaggerating as an "attack" the honest questions about a Bible Chapter that I've sought your opinion on after you invoked it to buttress an argument you were having with someone else, now you go into outright dishonesty to make me look bad in reader's eyes, when you say:



    I called you a pusillanimous poltroon because of what you said that I quoted above. We weren't discussing a "world view" subject at all, we were discussing a very isolated and specific incident that you adopted an extremely jaded, but more importantly, incorrect and inaccurate view of right from the start. And in what may be the irony of all ironies that I have ever encountered on this forum, the thing you said that put us squarely at odds in that thread was that even if the law said that you were obligated to give a witness statement, you would still sneak out the back door before the cops got there to avoid compliance! In case you have forgotten, this all started in this thread because you invoked Romans 13 against Axeanda45's assertion that, "We are also NOT commanded by Him to follow evil men or govt," and your answer to that said that Romans 13 says, "....that we are [to] obey the laws of that government unless they directly contradict the word of God." And now you bring up a year+ old thread where the reason for my strong disagreement with you was partly due to your position that you would be "Gone like yesterday's news" even if the law obligated you to wait for cops and give a witness statement! So what word of God would have been *directly contradicted* by your legal obligation to stick around long enough to give a witness statement, hmmm? Un-freakin'-real, Treo.



    First, if I "get off" on this "game" you speak of, you have to give me that a year+ between such orgasmic delight means I control my urges quite well.

    Second, my language skills in this instance are only eclipsed by your depth of hypocrisy, your dishonesty, and your cognitive dissonance. It wasn't any skill on my part that made you write all the inconsistent and irreconcilable memes you have exposed your propensity for, Treo. You brought up Romans 13. You claimed it demands obedience to our government lest we bring judgment (or damnation, depending on which version we're discussing) upon ourselves. You brought up a year+ old thread where you said in your own words that you would defy a law in complete disobedience of the interpretation of Romans 13 that you put forward in this thread. If you think you look like a fool, that's on you, and has nothing whatsoever to do with any language skills I may or may not possess.



    That'll be the day.

    Blues
    meow! another cat fight between blues and treo lmao

    both of you should just accept that other people are allowed to have opinions.

    or you can hiss and yowl at each other.

  9. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Only if he is "faster" than I am!
    Gun in hand beats gun in holster every day and twice on Sunday!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    this post makes me lol

  10. #149
    I would LOL as well, but i fear that he is serious...
    -Austin

  11. #150
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I sure hope you are kidding. Or have a good life insurance policy. Or both....
    I've been successful before......


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast