Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Dont know many cops that would not shoot you for pointing a gun at them. Pretty weird
    I think they realized they were well behind the curve. I'm betting that because it was such a small town with no real violent crime (20 years ago!) they simply froze.
    Not uncommon if you have no expectation of a violent confrontation.
    They simply got caught with their pants down. I know the first officer thought he would take the first round at near point blank range if he went for his holstered firearm. That, their zero expectation of confrontation and the extreme tight quarters, I think worked against them.
    If it had happened today.. I have no doubt that I would ha e been shot and killed!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Blog Entries
    Dont know many cops that would not shoot you for pointing a gun at them. Pretty weird
    The sheriff had their bullet in his pocket.
    (Mayberry reference - you might not be old enough to get that one)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

I once got the drop on 6 Secret Service agents. They came to town 20 years ago in advance of a visit by the Vice President. They were eating hot dogs at an outdoor stand when I snuck up on them, pulled my firearm out, and said "If I was a serial killer you would all be dead!" One practically choked on his chili dog. The Vice President called me a few days later and said he had a good laugh when he heard about the incident. He invited me take a ride with him and the President on Air Force One. We flew to Russia and met with the Commie leader. We just drank vodka and ate caviar the whole time - not one word of politics, just a lot of "Russian women are so big that" jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I once got the drop on 6 Secret Service agents. They came to town 20 years ago in advance of a visit by the Vice President. They were eating hot dogs at an outdoor stand when I snuck up on them, pulled my firearm out, and said "If I was a serial killer you would all be dead!" One practically choked on his chili dog. The Vice President called me a few days later and said he had a good laugh when he heard about the incident. He invited me take a ride with him and the President on Air Force One. We flew to Russia and met with the Commie leader. We just drank vodka and ate caviar the whole time - not one word of politics, just a lot of "Russian women are so big that" jokes.
    Did you help the Chairman of the KGB defect while you were there?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Is it ok if I shoot a cop if they point a gun at me? (duh... I'm talking if they do it for no valid reason, dont flip out..)

I am a firm believer in the "4 Rules" of firearm safety... Therefore, the only logical conclusions I can have if someone points a firearm at me is 1. they intend to destroy me (rule 3) and I will act accordingly.. or 2. they are an idiot and I would still need to defend myself if they dont stop pointing the darn thing at me... (again, this is if I have done nothing that would cause a reasonable man to conclude that it would be advisable/ok to point a firearm at me)

Ok, edited to add that WHERE I am at the time does have a lot to do with what reaction I would/should have.. If out in public it is very possible that I match the description of someone "they" are looking for who is known to be armed and dangerous.... So... the response should be more towards compliance with demands... However, IF I am NOT on public property (out in public) Then dont point a gun at me if you dont want one pointed RIGHT THE F BACK AT YOU......

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Is it ok if I shoot a cop if they point a gun at me? (duh... I'm talking if they do it for no valid reason, dont flip out..)

I am a firm believer in the "4 Rules" of firearm safety... Therefore, the only logical conclusions I can have if someone points a firearm at me is 1. they intend to destroy me (rule 3) and I will act accordingly.. or 2. they are an idiot and I would still need to defend myself if they dont stop pointing the darn thing at me... (again, this is if I have done nothing that would cause a reasonable man to conclude that it would be advisable/ok to point a firearm at me)

Ok, edited to add that WHERE I am at the time does have a lot to do with what reaction I would/should have.. If out in public it is very possible that I match the description of someone "they" are looking for who is known to be armed and dangerous.... So... the response should be more towards compliance with demands... However, IF I am NOT on public property (out in public) Then dont point a gun at me if you dont want one pointed RIGHT THE F BACK AT YOU......
    You are such a man's man. True bada$$.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    You are such a man's man. True bada$$.

Why did you even write this? Did it make YOU "feel" like a bigger man?

I dont hide behind a keyboard and ridicule people for doing what I myself am too afraid to do..

SO.... according to you, I would be a "bada$$" to point a gun at someone who is pointing a gun at me???? That to me would be a PERFECT example of a self-defense situation.... I guess YOU would only point your gun at someone who cannot fight back or doesnt deserve it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Why did you even write this? Did it make YOU "feel" like a bigger man?

I dont hide behind a keyboard and ridicule people for doing what I myself am too afraid to do..

SO.... according to you, I would be a "bada$$" to point a gun at someone who is pointing a gun at me???? That to me would be a PERFECT example of a self-defense situation.... I guess YOU would only point your gun at someone who cannot fight back or doesnt deserve it.....
    We should def hang out.

C'mon now kiddies. Behave yourselves and play like good little boys.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617