Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    From the article:

"She said that she was told by the police that an officer asked Waller to put down the weapon, but he would not comply."

Sounds like a legit shoot to me. As unfortunate as it is for all concerned. If the police tell you to drop your weapon and you refuse to comply, you get what you got coming.
    What, shot for NOT doing anything unlawful????? DONT EVEN TRY to tell us that it was a "lawful" order either, the cops were NOT on the right property... So, the FACT is, THE COPS should be charged with armed CRIMINAL TRESPASS and at the very least manslaughter!

In most states it is illegal to use deadly force to protect property (except Texas). There is no property that is worth your life. But also in the majority of states if the criminal enters your home the situation changes. The homeowner is allowed to assume a deadly threat to his life and use force in response. Massachusetts, Illinois, and I assume a few others are exceptions. But it is certainly to your advantage to find out the law. In many cases the LEO is under the same restrictions as an armed private citizen, although it may not work out that way in court.

I live on a farm in a very rural area. Most of the time the county only has one deputy on patrol, one at the jail, and one in the office. So in a county of 500 square miles there isn't much protection in the rural areas. If I need protection I know that I better be capable of providing for my own protection.

Texas has it right. We need the law to stop protecting the criminals. The PC soft on criminals attitude has only given us more criminals. Perhaps that is what the left/Dem's wants. Then they can sell more government.

I think the saying "no property is worth your life" is utter BS....... Yes, I get the meaning, but that the meaning isnt the point, it never was....The REAL point is, if it doesnt belong to you, dont screw with it if YOU arent willing to die for it...... The "laws" are bass-ackwards anymore, they protect the wrongdoer and inhibit the rightful among us...

There are two types of people this world would be better off without.... thieves and liars.... politicians are both and have legislated protection for those like them and punishment for common sense...

I am confused now. Who shot whom and where exactly?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Apparently alexandrea45 shot someone for stealing his newspaper. Get off my lawn.
    -Austin

Apparently alexandrea45 shot someone for stealing his newspaper. Get off my lawn.
    Now thats funny!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

But being an LEO is not a license to kill whoever the hell you think needs killin!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Who is alexandrea45, and where was her newspaper or lawn mentioned?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Who is alexandrea45, and where was her newspaper or lawn mentioned?
    Post#14 just imagine they been stealing alex45 newspaper. Austin being funny! Coffee through nose funny!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast