Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Post#14 just imagine they been stealing alex45 newspaper. Austin being funny! Coffee through nose funny!
    So "alexandrea" was a purposeful slam against Axe-and-a-45's gender? That's "coffee through nose funny?" Seems rather cheap-shot childish to me. And I went back an re-read Axe's post and find the trivializing of what he was actually saying to not be funny at all. His premise is right as far as I'm concerned, the justice system is upside down as far as who they identify as the good guys and bad guys. At least that's the way I read it.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

All very true Blues, My post is serious, but I did get a chuckle out of his slam.... even when it was against me...
    Lord knows I am known for dishing it out myself.

4. The point of the post is not to argue that the police acted correctly. The point is that, if you're not a LEO, it's imprudent to go running around in the dark, weapon drawn, when you know that the police are on their way. You may have the right to do this, but it's usually a bad idea, because the police may easily conclude that you pose a mortal threat.

Quote Originally Posted by White1 View Post
    The point of the post is not to argue that the police acted correctly. The point is that, if you're not a LEO, it's imprudent to go running around in the dark, weapon drawn, when you know that the police are on their way. You may have the right to do this, but it's usually a bad idea, because the police may easily conclude that you pose a mortal threat.
    And how do you have ANY IDEA that cops are on the way? ESPECIALLY when they went TO THE WRONG ADDRESS?????

6. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    And how do you have ANY IDEA that cops are on the way? ESPECIALLY when they went TO THE WRONG ADDRESS?????
    A burglar alarm going off at your neighbor's house is usually a good sign that the police are on their way. Even if the police go to the right address, it's not smart to be standing next door, in the dark, with a drawn weapon.

And please stop shouting.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    From the article:

"She said that she was told by the police that an officer asked Waller to put down the weapon, but he would not comply."

Sounds like a legit shoot to me. As unfortunate as it is for all concerned. If the police tell you to drop your weapon and you refuse to comply, you get what you got coming.
    Because we should all believe a cops word right after they murdered someone, who was on their own property, doing nothing wrong, and the police were at the wrong address.

Just another prime example that the Constitution is a joke these days.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    So "alexandrea" was a purposeful slam against Axe-and-a-45's gender? That's "coffee through nose funny?" Seems rather cheap-shot childish to me. And I went back an re-read Axe's post and find the trivializing of what he was actually saying to not be funny at all. His premise is right as far as I'm concerned, the justice system is upside down as far as who they identify as the good guys and bad guys. At least that's the way I read it.

Blues
    Austi Post #16 is what was funny. Sorry if it's not funny to you.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I think I like axe afterall.
    -Austin

A burglar alarm going off at your neighbor's house is usually a good sign that the police are on their way. Even if the police go to the right address, it's not smart to be standing next door, in the dark, with a drawn weapon.

Actually it is not, no offense intended. Many police departments have adopted policies where they will not respond until there is a verification of the event, which could be a person seing people, a a video link from a monitoring center etc etc.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Well, you still dont get "the point" and "shouting" didnt work... I guess ridicule and sarcasm are my next weapons of choice....

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast