Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    You FAIL to comprehend that some of us are way too smart for that to happen.... There are many ways to deal with unwanted armed bandits without putting yourself into very much danger of being the one taken away in a bodybag...

Those who comment like you do have no clue (or just fail to even think of) about tactics, cover, concealment, etc.... ALL you think about is how UNPREPARED YOU would be to survive such a situation, hence you think that there could only be one outcome because YOU THINK THAT YOU know how things would work out if something like this happened in YOUR driveway...
    Your supposition is wrong, actually some of us have quite a bit or training. MOUT training, how to conduct a movement to contact, movement under fire. I actually used to do this stuff for a living how about you?

If your tactics involve heading out into the dark looking for you don’t know who, who may be you don’t know where and may involve you don’t know how many people who you won’t recognize when you see please don’t tell me what a master tactician you are.

There’s a reason the military doesn’t send people out looking for the enemy alone, it generally ends badly and I can’t imagine it would be any easier here in the states where you’re not in a combat zone the ROE are far stricter and you don’t have any idea who you are looking for.

What are you going to do, throw down on the first person you see?

In this situation I keep coming back to the guy had no business out there in the dark to begin with. The car alarm should have run the (notional) thief off anyway.

Unless there was something really worth continuing to try to get into the car after the neighborhood has been alerted to your presence. So who was he looking for? What did he accomplish be going outside? What did he gain? What was he going to do when and if he made contact with the unknown party or parties? How would he even know?

Before I can even get to the cops shooting him I have to answer those questions because if I can’t answer them I’m back to square one, if he had stayed in the house you wouldn’t be reading this post.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Originally Posted by Axeanda45

"You FAIL to comprehend that some of us are way too smart for that to happen.... There are many ways to deal with unwanted armed bandits without putting yourself into very much danger of being the one taken away in a bodybag...

Those who comment like you do have no clue (or just fail to even think of) about tactics, cover, concealment, etc.... ALL you think about is how UNPREPARED YOU would be to survive such a situation, hence you think that there could only be one outcome because YOU THINK THAT YOU know how things would work out if something like this happened in YOUR driveway..."

30 Years active duty in the United States Marine Corps and five years as a sheriff's deputy. That is where I draw my experience and my opinions. I also don't subscribe to the theory that all men in uniform are government killers and bad guys. I also don't subscribe to Instructors who have never been in harm's way or never have actually had to kill a man (I have experienced both) are suddenly the tactical experts.I watched too many young men, who were highly trained, suddenly get bold and do something stupid and die as a result of it when in Viet Nam.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    wjh2657

"How many times have I heard on this forum "If somebody pulls a gun on me I'm going to fire. Better tried by twelve than carried by six?" What makes you think a cop isn't going to think the same way? Walk out in the dark and wave a gun around with cops running around, all of the arguments about whose driveway are moot. You die an idiot!"

How do you know that the elderly (now deceased) gentleman was "Being and idiot and Waving his gun around with the cops"?
    Where you there?
    No?
    Neither was I......

I'm fairly certain that if that elderly man who was killed on his own property by these 'outstanding' cops was your father you would be singing a very different tune right now.

For the record, I know from firsthand experience that there are indeed many good cops out there, but there are also 'too many' idiot cops running around like hot dogs just itching to pull on that trigger unfortunately.

~Rant Over~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post

In this situation I keep coming back to the guy had no business out there in the dark to begin with.
    That is where you (and obviously some others on here too) are 100% wrong. The man was on his own property doing absolutely nothing wrong... Full stop. end of story... well, that wasnt the end of the story was it? SOME MURDERERS SHOWED UP TO THE WRONG ADDRESS AND KILLED HIM... see how that worked out? A man was killed by those who we taxpayers pay to "uphold the law" and in general make sure others behave themselves showed up and became the bad guys....

To answer those who may think I have nothing but armchair training, I have over 25 years with the US Armed Forces... Which equals NOTHING.... qualifies me for NOTHING... Means NOTHING.... I also am an active member of a Constitutional Militia which means I am STILL TRAINING and keeping my skills up to par, yet even this means and proves NOTHING......

But what DOES mean SOMETHING is that RTFN I am more than willing to defend what is mine from ANYONE who tries to take it from me, be it my Rights, Property or Life....

If anyone wants to try and disarm me on my own property they can go to he!! and I will help them on their way there...

Isnt this other thread about the same incident? I am fairly sure it is.. At least in the other thread most everyone has it right that the cops are to blame and not the victim as some in this thread seem to think......

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/deadl...-accident.html

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    RTFN
    enlighten us.................
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    How many times have I heard on this forum "If somebody pulls a gun on me I'm going to fire. Better tried by twelve than carried by six?" What makes you think a cop isn't going to think the same way? Walk out in the dark and wave a gun around with cops running around, all of the arguments about whose driveway are moot. You die an idiot!
    Was the guy not in his own garage?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

RTFN=right the fuk now

In the post above it is used to project that I am NOT waiting until the perps identify themselves or show the reason they are on my property telling me to disarm...

Threaten me on my own property (which telling me to disarm most certainly IS a threat) or anywhere I can legally be and you have just flipped the "GO" switch..... No waiting to see if you have made a "mistake" and gotten the wrong address.... Too bad, so sad for YOU mr thug....... It is NOT my responsibility to ascertain who it is who is attacking me once YOUR attack has started.
    Last edited by Axeanda45; 06-09-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: changed "the" to "YOUR" in last sentence for clarity

10. According to the report, police shot Mr. Waller in his driveway, not in his garage. This aspect of the report suggests that Mr. Waller made a decision to go close to a burglar alarm, with a drawn weapon, in the dark. If that's really what happened, Mr. Waller made an unwise decision. There are limited circumstances in which a civilian has the right to draw his weapon and try to help a third party. But even where those circumstances exist, before you take that step, you should ask yourself one additional, prudential question: is drawing my weapon and intervening likely to make things better or worse? If Mr. Waller had really stopped to ask himself that question, he'd probably be alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by White1 View Post
    According to the report, police shot Mr. Waller in his driveway, not in his garage. This aspect of the report suggests that Mr. Waller made a decision to go close to a burglar alarm, with a drawn weapon, in the dark. If that's really what happened, Mr. Waller made an unwise decision. There are limited circumstances in which a civilian has the right to draw his weapon and try to help a third party. But even where those circumstances exist, before you take that step, you should ask yourself one additional, prudential question: is drawing my weapon and intervening likely to make things better or worse? If Mr. Waller had really stopped to ask himself that question, he'd probably be alive today.

You are kidding, right?

The man was On his OWN EFFING PROPERTY............ DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH??????? YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO HAVE A DRAWN WEAPON ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY ANY TIME FOR ANY EFFING REASON........... (as long as you dont go shooting it at someone/thing that dont need shooting, to put it in a Texas way)

Why do you KEEP insisting that THE VICTIM in this tragedy is the one who is to blame for his own murder??????

You KEEP ignoring the FACT that the cops were NOT supposed to be where they were!!!!!! The COPS are the ones who are 100% in the wrong here, period....

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast