Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

How is someone on their own property doing something 100% Constitutional somehow stupid and deserving of being murdered? That is how I see your arguments..... You try to place the blame on him because you THINK it was unwise for him to do what he did..... Yet, EVERYTHING he did infringed on no other persons rights, broke no laws, but it is just something you THINK he shouldnt have done.....

Well, You can shove your "people should only do things this way because I think it is stupid to do it another way (as in exercising their RIGHTS)" up your azzes.......

You are on a "RIGHTS" forum... If you dont have the balls to defend someone exercising their rights even when you might not agree with HOW they choose to do it, then you are fooling yourselves into thinking you support "rights"... All you support is your opinion......

A forum is supposed to support a civil exchange of ideas IMO. I have seen a lot of personal attacks on this thread stemming from some not liking others having an opinion. Come on people, all opinions have some validity usually. You can disagree without the personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    A forum is supposed to support a civil exchange of ideas IMO. I have seen a lot of personal attacks on this thread stemming from some not liking others having an opinion. Come on people, all opinions have some validity usually. You can disagree without the personal attacks.
    I havent seen ANY "personal" attacks.... Please, show them to us....

A little English lesson for you: A personal attack is an attack ON A PERSON...... Not an attack on a bad idea or statement...

5. i would like to answer the OP. "having a right to carry does not make you a LEO". i would like to say that it makes you better then a LEO. a LEO is just a government worker. a paper pusher that has no obligation to help you. their only purpose in this society, is to charge some one with a crime so that 1. money can be extracted, 2. they can be put in prison where money can be spent.

my argument is that NO government worker should be allowed to carry a gun. they already have the color of law on their side. if they were only allowed to carry non-lethal armament. then at least there would be less killings going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    i would like to answer the OP. "having a right to carry does not make you a LEO". i would like to say that it makes you better then a LEO. a LEO is just a government worker. a paper pusher that has no obligation to help you. their only purpose in this society, is to charge some one with a crime so that 1. money can be extracted, 2. they can be put in prison where money can be spent.

my argument is that NO government worker should be allowed to carry a gun. they already have the color of law on their side. if they were only allowed to carry non-lethal armament. then at least there would be less killings going on.
    Nice first post.....

This is what I've learned from this discussion.
    Any time you're in a dangerous situation, you're armed and the police show up, it's a pretty good idea to ID yourself to the cops just so they don't blow you away. Stand where you have cover, call out, then ID yourself. Then they can ascertain your not a threat. After all both parties are out for the same reason. Only sounds like common sense to me. That one thing would have kept him alive. But you never know they may have blasted him anyway.YMMV
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    You KEEP ignoring the FACT that the cops were NOT supposed to be where they were!!!!!! The COPS are the ones who are 100% in the wrong here, period....
    I’m sure that thought is very comforting to the widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Threaten me on my own property (which telling me to disarm most certainly IS a threat) or anywhere I can legally be and you have just flipped the "GO" switch..... No waiting to see if you have made a "mistake" and gotten the wrong address.... Too bad, so sad for YOU mr thug....... It is NOT my responsibility to ascertain who it is who is attacking me once YOUR attack has started.
    There is a difference between sacrificing your life for a good cause and pissing it away in a suicide by cop.

Again, we don’t know totality of the circumstances but assuming a uniformed police officer in a clearly marked patrol vehicle; if a cop tells you to put the gun down… you put the gun down.

Whether you’re on your property or not, in the moment when both of you are armed isn’t the time to argue with the cop about whether he’s justified in disarming you. That’s the time to comply and hash it out later in court.

You have nothing to gain defying the cop and spouting off about your rights. It’s not going to end well for you and you’re either going to die or go to jail having gained nothing in return.

Doesn’t common sense dictate that you don’t push for “your rights” when it’s not of benefit to you?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

75 Years from now everything you own will wither be gone or belong to someone else. There is no property worth your life, Just ask someone who has lost virtually everything in a natural disaster i.e. Oklahoma Twisters.
    Any instruction a LEO gives should be followed. This being said consequences are yours, not mine.
    It is best to not have a fire arm in your hands when Law Enforcement arrives. However, if you need to maintain control of a situation and cannot disarm as Law Enforcement arrives Identify yourself and follow all instructions.
    The ability to arrive at a situation and determine who is the good guy and who is the bad guy is not always as clear as you may think it is.
    Tragic situation when you are innocent and shot and killed on your own property. Negative impact all around.
    Thieves do not stay contained in or on the property they are stealing from. Sad story, sorry it happened.
    We will have long forgotten it and those directly involved will still feel its impact.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I see.. according to treo and a couple other people here, I should just drop to my knees and open my mouth any time a cop breaks the law and comes onto my property illegally.... got it.....

gejoslin has a much better take on how a situation should play out in the real world when cops criminally trespass.... But I dont see the cops not shooting at you even AFTER you have identified yourself as a freindly/not the perp at least... But his is good advice to at least try to not have anyone die on either side (and there ARE sides in this war)..

As far as sacrificing myself as treo put it... My Rights are worth dying for, I guess his arent...... And the courts belong to the govt... 'nuff said

As far as obeying any order given from an leo should be followed, as kramer puts it, I say no effing way! They are NOT my God OR my boss or my betters.... They have ZERO authority when on my property illegally, and will be treated worse than a common criminal would be on my property, as THEY ARE BEING PAID BY ME (and you) TO UPHOLD THE LAW, NOT to break it.....

The Govenment no longer follows/obeys the "rule of law", the Courts rule that blatantly UnConstitutional legislation is Constitutional, Cops kill with impunity, (and so on and so on... read the news sometimes, and get a clue before it is too late ) and yet some of you people are trying to convince me to trust them!
    Now, THAT is funny right there.........

Here is a little advice to you: make the hard decisions NOW before they come for you, or you will pizz yer panties and end up licking their boots, or find yourself on your way to a re-education or internment camp or such..... or dead anyway, without even having fought back... Now, THAT is what I would call a waste.....

I hate Monday quarterbacking this situation but here it goes. I in the past have done the same as this elderly man did but I have many years of law enforcement training under my belt that I can fall back on (no longer in law enforcement). Now that I am a full fledge private citizen I have had a few occasions when I have excited my home with a firearm after I though crime 'was a foot' outside my home. But the safest way to do this in my opinion is with a holstered weapon either Open carry or Concealed carry. This way you do not have a accidental shooting by either plain clothes law enforcement officers or a uniformed law enforcement officer. These types of accidents do happen and even police officers shoot other officers in the heat of the moment. I can recall a plain clothes officer at a college football game in a parking lot working was shot by a uniformed officer. Unfortunately accidents do happen. I do not blame the responding police officers for using deadly force on this elderly person. It is tragic and my heart goes out to the gentlemen who lost his life.
    May I suggest that all of you think real careful before you act. So before you rush to pull a weapon think first and real hard. For example: I am a private citizen carrying a legally concealed firearm and I was getting out of my personal vehicle. As I approached the front of a bank I heard 4 gun shots coming from inside the bank. I immediately reverted to my training and took cover / concealment behind a big black SUV. I than see a white male exiting the front of the bank with a silver revolver in his right hand . Now the question I pose to you all. What would you have done at this point after hearing gun shots from inside the bank and now seeing a male exiting the Bank with a firearm in his right hand? (The following is not a true even but for training purposes only) I do have an outcome of this but want to hear from you all before I tell you the end of this untrue event.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast