Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO - Page 9
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Having A Right To Carry Does Not Make You A LEO

Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    A forum is supposed to support a civil exchange of ideas IMO. I have seen a lot of personal attacks on this thread stemming from some not liking others having an opinion. Come on people, all opinions have some validity usually. You can disagree without the personal attacks.
    Unfortunately pretty much all discussions on this forum end up in a digital slapping contest.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Wow, tons oh mad
    people on this.

The situation I posted earlier:

The man that came out of the bank was a citizen with a concealed permit who fired rounds at a bank robber and was exiting the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Waaay off topic.
    Actually no it's not. It address directly Axe's contention that we are at war and we need to fight.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I think all valid discussion and credibility stopped at the word "badgefluffer"...Just my opinion.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    The man that came out of the bank was a citizen with a concealed permit who fired rounds at a bank robber and was exiting the bank.
    Another rocket scientist endangering the public. If it's not your money you let it go. The bank policy is to give the thief the money an catch him later. Anyone who would shoot in public over someone else's stolen money should be relieved of his gun.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I’m not sure exactly how to say this but I don’t see the value in trying to change or challenge a political system that God said isn’t going to change (except for the worse) As a Christian I’m not called to restore the Republic, I’m called to tell people the truth which is that God has appointed a day in which He will judge this world and that on that day those who have rejected Jesus Christ will be eternally seperated from God in a place the Bible calls "The Lake Of Fire" and there is no name given under heaven or in earth whereby a man can be saved except the name of Jesus Christ.
    I gotta tell you Treo, when you explain the basis for your opinions, it is the easiest thing in the world for me to understand and agree with. When you don't, it is just as easy to understand and agree with Axe's take on your opinions.

Not a knock so much as an observation: You know how to make yourself understood, but you rarely take the time to employ that knowledge. Thanks for doing it this time is all I'm saying.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I gotta tell you Treo, when you explain the basis for your opinions, it is the easiest thing in the world for me to understand and agree with. When you don't, it is just as easy to understand and agree with Axe's take on your opinions.

Not a knock so much as an observation: You know how to make yourself understood, but you rarely take the time to employ that knowledge. Thanks for doing it this time is all I'm saying.

Blues
    Unless I’m witnessing or trying to communicate the Word it really (IMO) doesn’t matter if I get my point across. When I’m trying to communicate my faith it’s critical and I am absolutely convinced that God will hold me accountable if someone misses the message because I was lazy. So, I'm very careful about what I say and how I say it.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

*Sigh*

Treo, I just have a few questions for you....

1.How do you KNOW for a fact that THIS govt is supposed to fall according to end times prophecy ?
    2. Doesnt God say that no-one knows when , not even Jesus?
    3.How can it be a war if only the bad guys fight?
    4. Arent you commanded by God to defend the Gift of Life He has given you?
    5. Arent you supposed to stand up for what is right and eschew evil?
    6. If Obammy signed a "LAW" tomm that outlawed private firearms ownership would you turn yours in? Remember, YOU SAID that God ordained THIS Gov't and we had to obey it.....

I have lots more.... I actually admire your faith, but I am very sorry that you have been misled by preachers... quite a few of your statements sounded really religious, and you swallowed them hook line and sinker when some preacher told them to you... I suggest you do some serious study of Gods Word before you misquote/take out of context any more of it... A hint for you on just one of your mistakes: God ordained government to rule men, in other words, He set the concept of governments into motion... and unless it very specifically HAS TO HAPPEN for His will to be done (prophecy to come to pass), it is all up to us who rules and what type of govt we have.... We are also NOT commanded by Him to follow evil men or govt....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    NULL....
    I’m not even sure how to respond to your overall post because to be honest it feels like a tar baby to me. I get the feeling that no matter where I touch it I’m going to get stuck.

I’m not really concerned with your evaluation of my walk with God or my understanding of the Scripture; when the time comes I’ll account to God not you.

As for my belief that we are living in the last days and whether or not this government is the one that’s supposed to fall (I’m not really sure what that even means). I don’t know for sure but I do know that during the tribulation the antichrist will rule the world which means that American will not be a sovereign nation that much is self evident.

Knowing the signs of the times.

Yes, in one Scripture (Matt 24.36) Jesus does state that no one knows the exact time of His return but in the overall totality of Scripture believers are told again and again to be watchful and vigilant and to study scripture that that the day of the Lord won’t catch us by surprise and are even given several specific signs to look for and an admonition that when you see these things look up for your redemption draweth nigh (Luke 21:28).

So, clearly, even though you can’t predict a date Bible believing Christians can have a pretty good idea of when things are wrapping up. In fact in one place the Bible states that we will see the day approaching.

Arent you commanded by God to defend the Gift of Life He has given you?

No where in the Bible does God command me to defend my life, in quite a few places however, it’s made very clear that there’s no point in following Him unless I’m prepared to lose my life in the process.

Arent you supposed to stand up for what is right and eschew evil?

Similarly I’m told nowhere that my main mission in life is to "stand for what’s right". Scripture makes it clear that the ship is sinking and I’m better served trying to get people into the life boats than manning the pumps.

If Obammy signed a "LAW" tomm that outlawed private firearms ownership would you turn yours in? Remember, YOU SAID that God ordained THIS Gov't and we had to obey it.....

Now this one I want to answer specifically because I’ve already dealt with this issue for myself. Right after Sandy Hook when all the media hype was going on I was watching a news story about possible gun confiscations and I turned to my wife intending to say “I’m not turning in my guns” when I am absolutely convinced that God himself spoke to me and said ‘You are going to do whatever I tell you to do.” So that is my answer I’m going to do whatever God tells me to do because I would rather be unarmed and in God’s will than armed to the teeth and out of it.

Finally as for only following “good” governments I find no specific command in Scripture that says we only follow good government. What Scripture does say very specifically (Romans 13) is that Government is instituted of God and that the government in power is there because God allowed it (this would include the current administration) and that we are obey the laws of that government unless they directly contradict the word of God.

PS as for my Biblical scholarship, I am certain I don’t have a perfect understanding of Scripture and I’m equally certain there are things in this post that I’m dead wrong on but that’s OK because I not going to stand before you on judgment day (actually according to Scripture there isn't going to be a judgment for believers but go with me here) I’m going to stand at the judgment seat of Christ and I will be covered in His righteousness and God won’t even remember my sins.

The thing to remember about this post is Even if I’m dead wrong (I don't think I am) and the end times are a thousand years off You are still not promised tomorrow

2 Corinthians 6: 2 Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Actually no it's not. It address directly Axe's contention that we are at war and we need to fight.
    And it has nothing to do with trespassing cops murdering an innocent man.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast