do you believe Kleck's numbers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: do you believe Kleck's numbers?

  1. I didn't assume anything. My point is as stated. VERY seldom is it necessary to fire, even more rare to have to actually hit anybody, much less get lots of solid lethal hits, with powerful loads, as so many in the biz of making money off of guns/shooting would have you believe is needed. :-) i've pointed guns at men 4x, they all froze on the spot, cause they could SEE that I was quite ready to empty the mag into their chests. If you are too lazy to look up such a simple thing, then stay ignorant.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    I didn't assume anything. My point is as stated. VERY seldom is it necessary to fire, even more rare to have to actually hit anybody, much less get lots of solid lethal hits, with powerful loads, as so many in the biz of making money off of guns/shooting would have you believe is needed. :-) i've pointed guns at men 4x, they all froze on the spot, cause they could SEE that I was quite ready to empty the mag into their chests. If you are too lazy to look up such a simple thing, then stay ignorant.
    Look up what simple thing?

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    I didn't assume anything. My point is as stated. VERY seldom is it necessary to fire, even more rare to have to actually hit anybody, much less get lots of solid lethal hits, with powerful loads, as so many in the biz of making money off of guns/shooting would have you believe is needed. :-) i've pointed guns at men 4x, they all froze on the spot, cause they could SEE that I was quite ready to empty the mag into their chests. If you are too lazy to look up such a simple thing, then stay ignorant.
    Theres several ways to get your point across, but you've found one way that most people don't cotton too. Not trying to offend sir but calling people ignorant and

    lazy isn't the best way to make your point. Just sayin',
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,779
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    I didn't assume anything. My point is as stated. VERY seldom is it necessary to fire, even more rare to have to actually hit anybody, much less get lots of solid lethal hits, with powerful loads, as so many in the biz of making money off of guns/shooting would have you believe is needed. :-) i've pointed guns at men 4x, they all froze on the spot, cause they could SEE that I was quite ready to empty the mag into their chests. If you are too lazy to look up such a simple thing, then stay ignorant.
    If YOU say something then be prepared to back it up with cites and/or links to actual facts. To do less is to expect others to simply believe that you are above reproach. And to expect others to go find the cites and/or links YOU should be willing to provide to back up your statements while calling other people "lazy" because they won't do your legwork for you reeks of arrogance.

    So...

    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    there's 13 million ex felons "on the street", so it's highly likely that most families have a felon in their home, several times per year. Here's what's rich, guys. How many attackers get SHOT by civilians in justfiable self defense, hmm? The number is like 10,000 per year. So it's only necessary to hit somebody with a bullet about 1% of the time. :-) Which is a good thing, because most people, to include cops, are way too slow, inaccurate, not able to use tactics properly, etc. to actually handle a situation with minimal risk to themselves and other innocents, and maximum effectiveness vs the bad guy.

    even when
    Please provide cites and/or links to actual factual sources that support the statements you made above.

    I would be most interested in reading the studies/sources you have researched that prove:

    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    -snip-
    most people, to include cops, are way too slow, inaccurate, not able to use tactics properly, etc. to actually handle a situation with minimal risk to themselves and other innocents, and maximum effectiveness vs the bad guy

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,720
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    i've pointed guns at men 4x, they all froze on the spot, cause they could SEE that I was quite ready to empty the mag into their chests.
    Ahh, so you're the one who "put" rounds into those four innocent bystander's legs! I knew there was something fishy about that story! LOL
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Ahh, so you're the one who "put" rounds into those four innocent bystander's legs! I knew there was something fishy about that story! LOL
    You know what is said, "Give a man enough rope..."
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  8. I never had to fire. I so stated. if this is really the best you can do, you should seriously consider suicide. if you are too lazy to google for yourself, remain ignorant, as I stated before. I'm not doing your work for you.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,720
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    I never had to fire. I so stated. if this is really the best you can do, you should seriously consider suicide. if you are too lazy to google for yourself, remain ignorant, as I stated before. I'm not doing your work for you.
    Actually hotrod, when you make a claim, it's your work to back it up with cites and/or documentation.

    Are you new at this?

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  10. In 2013, 100 people will die by a gun in the US. 99 of those will be suicide, and 1 will be yuppor's 5th self defense incident in which he actually has to fire the gun. No citation needed...trust me guys, I know what I'm talking about ;)

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,779
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    I never had to fire. I so stated. if this is really the best you can do, you should seriously consider suicide. if you are too lazy to google for yourself, remain ignorant, as I stated before. I'm not doing your work for you.
    Incorrect... it is everyone else who is not going to do YOUR work for you. And it is the height of arrogance for you to expect others to prove your words are truth for you. You said it... man up and support it.

    Again.... I would honestly like to see cites and/or links to factual sources supporting your statement that:

    Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    -snip-
    most people, to include cops, are way too slow, inaccurate, not able to use tactics properly, etc. to actually handle a situation with minimal risk to themselves and other innocents, and maximum effectiveness vs the bad guy
    However... if you don't have cites and/or links then..... you got nothing... and are trying desperately to hide the fact that you have nothing behind a smoke screen of insult and ridicule.

    About using ridicule as a tactic for winning arguments... are you familiar with a guy named Saul Alinsky?

    Rules for Radicals

    By Saul Alinsky - 1971

    -snip-
    7. Tactics
    -snip-
    5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."
    -snip-

    Entire article can be read here:

    Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

    However... I am well aware of the leftist tactic of using ridicule and insult to diminish, demean, and discredit anyone who dares question a statement in the hopes of redirecting the discussion away from the statement and put the focus upon the one who dared to question the veracity of the statement.

    Oh.. please note the use of a cite and a link....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast