Gun Violence Surges in NY City - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Violence Surges in NY City

1. I know what the mayor can do to take care of this, believe me I know, 'HAVE MORE RESTRICTIONS' and that will take care of their problem.

Herm.. can we just put a wall around NY/chicago/California? like in those movies? o.O
    let the good people leave.. and dump the hoods/criminals/murders/etc into them? let them sort it out..

Gun Violence Surges in NY City

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Bloomberg and Cuomo how those new laws working for you?
    They're working great for their purpose. They don't give a damn about the crime rate, they care about control and power. Same reason Bloomberg extended his term limits. I'm sure if he thought he could have gotten it extended further he would have. The sad part is NYC residents either don't care about crime rates themselves, or are too ignorant to realize their laws aren't working. Then they cry and whine when their victimized by somebody with a gun.

No matter how clearly you try and sit down and explain to them "You will never be able to get guns away from criminals" they just don't get it. You could confiscate and destroy every gun in the world tomorrow and by the next day, some criminal organization would be setting up to manufacture them again. It's just like the DOJ shutting down the website that published the 3D-printable gun specs. Why? The file had already been downloaded over 10,000 times and re-uploaded to 100s of other websites. You can't delete or legislate away knowledge.

I'm hearing Bloomberg and his $$$ is poking around Washington and Oregon, trying to re-ignite gun-control.
    Cant speak for Washington, but here in oregon they are apparently shmoozing with the state senate rules committee. If you havn't written your rep in a while, send them a friendly hello! (and to ignore NY city hall while your at it)

I already commented on the article itself, to the fact that the one lady said "I wish they would just made guns extinct!".

Braindead.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggers97 View Post
    I'm hearing Bloomberg and his $$$ is poking around Washington and Oregon, trying to re-ignite gun-control.
    Cant speak for Washington, but here in oregon they are apparently shmoozing with the state senate rules committee. If you havn't written your rep in a while, send them a friendly hello! (and to ignore NY city hall while your at it)
    Welcome to the site, from Van, WA. I think the battle in Oregon was a little more heated than over here in WA. Last I checked most of the proposed anti-gun bills here in WA had either been shot down or had no traction.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I already commented on the article itself, to the fact that the one lady said "I wish they would just made guns extinct!".

Braindead.
    You just can't make people understand that as long as there is a government (ie - military) market for firearms, there will ALWAYS be guns in circulation. And as long as guns exist, you need them in the hands of the good guys to level the playing field with the bad guys that are going to have them. When it comes to acquiring illegal items, they seem to have a knack for that sort of thing.

What I find funny as that they banned guns in hopes of stopping crime. People that obviously had no problems committing crime in the first place, you assume they're going to follow another less serious law? That's like the same concept as the banks overdraft fees...you're charging us money because WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY? It's just blatantly backward logic!

Most major cities in this country are under the control of progressives and the results are always the same. A city becomes a gun free zone, just like a school zone, for citizens and a free fire zone for the bad guys. In fact it is even worse since there is no effective means of resistance. Of course the idiots who continually vote for these progressives get what the deserve. But there always are innocents who are simply victims and can't leave.

In Detroit we are seeing these stupid policies carried out the conclusion. The good people left and the progressives and criminals are killing each other off. The city is dying. They are simply bulldozing entire neighborhoods, most of which have been no go zones for the police for many years. Congratulations America. The progressives are now in the process of doing the same thing for the entire country.

10. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    You just can't make people understand that as long as there is a government (ie - military) market for firearms, there will ALWAYS be guns in circulation. And as long as guns exist, you need them in the hands of the good guys to level the playing field with the bad guys that are going to have them. When it comes to acquiring illegal items, they seem to have a knack for that sort of thing.

What I find funny as that they banned guns in hopes of stopping crime. People that obviously had no problems committing crime in the first place, you assume they're going to follow another less serious law? That's like the same concept as the banks overdraft fees...you're charging us money because WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY? It's just blatantly backward logic!

And you know it's a shame because if they ban guns for us law-bidding citizen I think that it will turn some of us into criminal, I be dog gone if I let somebody come into my home and they will have guns and I want. Black market here I come so sign me up, two AR'15 one .45 and one 9mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12