google for DOJ website, read the Annual Crime Survey and fbi's Uniform Crime Report.

Thread: google for DOJ website, read the Annual Crime Survey and fbi's Uniform Crime Report.

1. google for DOJ website, read the Annual Crime Survey and fbi's Uniform Crime Report.

every year, 65% or more of all attacks are not made with guns. the attacker not having a projectile weapon means that you can't shoot at him (legally) beyond about 10 ft of range. draw, yes, fire, no. I met Dennis Tueller back in 1978, at the IPSC natl's, where were you? :-) The UCR shows that over 10% of the GUN fights occur at 10ft or less, 3/4 of them at 20 ft and less and well over 90% of them at 30 ft and less. Many of the shootings in that collection are by cops, who are called upon to fire at much longer ranges (and can get away with it) than civilians. they shoot at fleeing suspects, you better not! the shoot at barricaded suspects, with complete unconcern about who their richochets and overpenetrations hit. you better not! So civilian ranges tend to be even shorter.

Read the Armed Citizen column in the NRA mag. Much of the time, merely the sight of your ready gun suffices. If that were not so, .25's, derringers and mini-revolvers would find no buyers, cause they aint worth a hoot in a real fight! :-) Read Jim Cirillo's book on gunfighting. out of 280 armed robbers caught in the act, cornered by the cops, less than 40 decided to shoot it out rather than surrender. that's 1 in 7. if the civilian is smart enough to leave the attacker and out, and gets his gun "on' the attacker soon enough, the odds are very great that he'll never have to hit anyone with a bullet. good thing, too, cause if you do, it will cost you about $50,000 to stay out of prison and not be sued for everything you ever have. Just ask OJ Simpson if it's possible to win the criminal trial and lose the lawsuit. about the same issue.

The Outlaw, in one of your other posts, said it best.

..............???

You can have good intentions and not be right.

4. reading comprehension is all about understanding the meaning of words. What is it about the shortness of the range of expected shootings, the unlikelihood of having to hit that you don't understand? The ammo companies and the shooting teachers want you to think that it's about lots of shooting, at longer ranges, but it's not.It's about being alert, and being extremely fast, at 10ft and less. You can build that speed, safely, quietyly and cheaply, mostly with dryfire and Airsoft, folks. throw in some practice with a .22lr conversion unit and a bit of commercial reloads for your centerfire, if you practice correctly, and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    the attacker not having a projectile weapon means that you can't shoot at him (legally) beyond about 10 ft of range. draw, yes, fire, no.
    Show me this law...

The more I read your posts the more I get the feeling you just pull information out of your ass.

People run the 100m dash in under 10 secs. That means somebody can cover 30 feet in under 1 second. Do you think if somebody's running at me with a knife I'm going to consciously choose to wait until their within 10ft to fire? That gives me 1/3rd of a second to stop the threat. I don't think so buddy. The second I feel my life is in danger I'm firing regardless of weapon or range. If you can articulate that you felt somebody presented a threat to your life or cause serious bodily harm you can fire. THAT is what the law says in my state and most others.

if the civilian is smart enough to leave the attacker and out, and gets his gun "on' the attacker soon enough, the odds are very great that he'll never have to hit anyone with a bullet. good thing, too, cause if you do, it will cost you about $50,000 to stay out of prison and not be sued for everything you ever have. Just ask OJ Simpson if it's possible to win the criminal trial and lose the lawsuit. about the same issue.
    Again, with the misinformation. SEVERAL states (I won't list them, because I don't know all of them) have laws protecting the defender from civil suit if the shooting is deemed justifiable. Stop acting like you know the laws in every part of the country because you watched the OJ Simpson trial (just like the rest of the world.)

-snip-the attacker not having a projectile weapon means that you can't shoot at him (legally) beyond about 10 ft of range. draw, yes, fire, no. -snip-
    Please provide cites and/or links to the law or laws or case law, whether Federal or from any State, that support your statement above.

And kindly do not expect me or anyone else to do your legwork for you... you said it YOU google it and post it. Failure to do so equals an exceptionally dismal failure to uphold your credibility.

it will cost you about $50,000 to stay out of prison and not be sued for everything you ever have. Just ask OJ Simpson if it's possible to win the criminal trial and lose the lawsuit. about the same issue.
    I agree with what you said about the proximity of most shootings, and that is why almost all my training/practice takes place at 10 feet or less. If I can put my rounds into a small paper plate at 10 feet that is what I consider a great grouping. as for your attacker being 10 feet away and not being able to shoot, nonsense, you may have met tueller but do you know about his drill?
    as for your lawsuit comment, here in FLA if it is deemed a justifiable shooting you are immune from civil suits.