Homeless Rights? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Homeless Rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    With respect Blues...

I would be very careful of using the disclaimer of, and I quote:

"until such time as a legal process identifies them as ineligible"

because those in power are in control of what constitutes... "a legal process". All that is necessary is for those in power to change the criteria and "a legal process" could make everyone "ineligible".
    With respect Bikenut, don't you get it??? What do you think will be the result of ObamaCare when "in full effect, and ENFORCED"? ObamaCare will be the legal process to identify them as ineligible to own a firearm.
    Umm... yep... isn't that what I just said? Those in power will be the one's to set the criteria (Obama care is one avenue) that will be used in a "legal process" that denies everyone the ability to exercise the right to bear arms.

Ringo... unless I missed something... I'm agreeing with you.

I don't know if this would stop a homeless person from getting a CHCL in AR but, if memory serves, you must have a physical address to apply and recieve your permit from the ASP. And a legal DI in both cases a PO Box won't work. I maybe wrong and other states my differ.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by ccwaz View Post
    Is this a democratic republic, or not?
    No.... It is a Constitutional Republic. Nothing but electing representatives is Democratic.
    We do not have a "majority rule". The "masses" do not mean squat when it comes to decision making.
    Our founding fathers were well aware of the damage that could be inflicted on society as a whole if we were a Democracy with "mob rules" mentality.

Sorry but the needs of the of the one come first in a Constitutional Republic.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    With respect Blues...

I would be very careful of using the disclaimer of, and I quote:

"until such time as a legal process identifies them as ineligible"

because those in power are in control of what constitutes... "a legal process". All that is necessary is for those in power to change the criteria and "a legal process" could make everyone "ineligible".

There are other ways to deal with protecting society from those who are violent criminals and those who are violently mentally ill than denying natural born rights. And the laws in regards to those methods of incarceration and commitment are already on the books.

The right to keep and bear arms is something (a right) each individual is born with just the same as they are born with arms or legs or a heart and lungs and is nothing more than an extension of the natural right to defend life. Simply because if we don't have the ability to protect our lives and end up dead... having rights suddenly becomes a moot concept.

And a homeless person has just as much right to protect their life as a rich dude living in a mansion.
    The system is in place to disarm all of us for whatever s h ! t house reason some bureaucrat decides to put forth. Everyone who's ever read more than a handful of posts of mine knows that I don't like or agree with that circumstance. All I was saying is that homeless people should be treated exactly the same way the rest of us are, and that homelessness is not a valid criteria to use to disarm anyone.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Seeing as most of us are not homeless...it will take a little imagination.

My thoughts are not just stuck on the Constitutionality of it.

How would a homeless person carry? Chances are if they could afford or acquire a firearm, would they have a proper holster? Would it be oc? Most homeless I worked with layer their clothing throughout the year, concealing their belongings. If they can't afford or acquire a permission slip, how are they supposed to legally carry?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    The system is in place to disarm all of us for whatever s h ! t house reason some bureaucrat decides to put forth. Everyone who's ever read more than a handful of posts of mine knows that I don't like or agree with that circumstance. All I was saying is that homeless people should be treated exactly the same way the rest of us are, and that homelessness is not a valid criteria to use to disarm anyone.

Blues
    I've read many of your posts Blues and rarely disagree with any of them. I just wanted to point out that allowing rights to be taken away by a "legal process" is a dangerous thing since, as you just said, the legal process can very easily be used to take away rights.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I've read many of your posts Blues and rarely disagree with any of them. I just wanted to point out that allowing rights to be taken away by a "legal process" is a dangerous thing since, as you just said, the legal process can very easily be used to take away rights.
    If I had the power or authority to disallow it, I would. I don't "allow" anything, I just live with all kinds of systems and processes in place that I would give my left nut to get rid of, but which no one cares what I think about them at all. I agree the processes are dangerous, but all I did is acknowledge their existence, and that's no danger at all to anyone.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Of course they still have the RIGHT to bear arms however, homelessness is often caused by things like severe drug addiction or inability to hold down a job due to metal illness which would disqualify them. In addition, I have a feeling most would prefer have $500 of food or clothing rather than a Glock.
    But you'll need that Glock to keep your food and clothing. Many of the country's homeless are not because of drugs or mental illness, many have lost their jobs and can no longer find one because of age or some other discrimination such as credit. I'll take the G and bum money for food & clothing and do some serious networking on who's hiring.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Do homeless people have a Right to bear arms?

(Been a thought that has been running through my mind lately, not sure where the discussion will head, hope it's interesting though)
    Have read some of the responses. Not sure WHY you would ask. If they're American citizens then why can't they? If they're illegal then anything after that fact is illegal.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Have read some of the responses. Not sure WHY you would ask. If they're American citizens then why can't they? If they're illegal then anything after that fact is illegal.
    Why wouldn't I ask? No idea has ever been entertained without first a question being asked.

Though, why can't they, is exactly the question I was looking for someone to answer.

Why can't they?
    - Would a form 4473 get approved with no home address?
    - Would a private seller sell a firearm to a homeless person?
    - can you acquire a permission slip to cc without a home address for free?

So here's a friendly challenge to you. How would a homeless person go about acquiring, and bearing the firearm?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast