Homeless Rights? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Homeless Rights?

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Of course they still have the RIGHT to bear arms however, homelessness is often caused by things like severe drug addiction or inability to hold down a job due to metal illness which would disqualify them. In addition, I have a feeling most would prefer have $500 of food or clothing rather than a Glock.
    Yes there are homeless people with problems. Interestingly enough though, Oregon has had some very different homeless people. Younger people. Smarter people. Homeless by choice, beggar by trade. And in this current economy, many more stable individuals are becoming homeless.

Not all firearms are $500.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Umm... yep... isn't that what I just said? Those in power will be the one's to set the criteria (Obama care is one avenue) that will be used in a "legal process" that denies everyone the ability to exercise the right to bear arms.

Ringo... unless I missed something... I'm agreeing with you.
    You didn't miss something, I did. My bad, my apology.
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

Even those who are here "illegally" have the right as humans to have the tools to defend themselves with....

Off Topic: My personal thoughts on the "illegal" problem is... if they are "caught" here inside our borders without any proof of "legal" residence, ship them back to their home country AFTER they pay for that trip themselves, whether with cash from their pockets or a months worth of labor at the detention center/whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Even those who are here "illegally" have the right as humans to have the tools to defend themselves with....

Off Topic: My personal thoughts on the "illegal" problem is... if they are "caught" here inside our borders without any proof of "legal" residence, ship them back to their home country AFTER they pay for that trip themselves, whether with cash from their pockets or a months worth of labor at the detention center/whatever...
    Actually all human beings in the entire world have the natural right to have/use the tools necessary to defend themselves. It's just that there are many governments in this world that assess penalties upon anyone who dares to exercise that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    You didn't miss something, I did. My bad, my apology.
    No apology necessary (yet it was classy for you to offer it) over what amounts to just an internet misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    No apology necessary (yet it was classy for you to offer it) over what amounts to just an internet misunderstanding.
    Fine, be that way... thanks for nothing.....(there goes tonights entertainment...)

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    If I had the power or authority to disallow it, I would. I don't "allow" anything, I just live with all kinds of systems and processes in place that I would give my left nut to get rid of, but which no one cares what I think about them at all. I agree the processes are dangerous, but all I did is acknowledge their existence, and that's no danger at all to anyone.

Blues
    Then I fear I misunderstood what you were saying and I apologize.

Seems to be a bit of that misunderstanding thing going around lately.....

Alas.... no entertainment value here either....

9. I know if you live in Erie Country (Western New York) they will deny you an Pistol Permit. You must provide references that live within your city, town, or village. Your local Police Department will do your background check, and reference check. Plus, if you do not have a legal (permanent) address.New York State won't know where to come if they have to revoke, or confiscate your handguns.

I think that it's completely wrong to deny someone their Rights to carry based on your housing situation, but living in a Communist State of New York, its either their way, or no way!

Sent from my AT300SE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by usmeu25 View Post
    I know if you live in Erie Country (Western New York) they will deny you an Pistol Permit. You must provide references that live within your city, town, or village. Your local Police Department will do your background check, and reference check. Plus, if you do not have a legal (permanent) address.New York State won't know where to come if they have to revoke, or confiscate your handguns.

I think that it's completely wrong to deny someone their Rights to carry based on your housing situation, but living in a Communist State of New York, its either their way, or no way!

Sent from my AT300SE using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    There ARE other ways....... You know, Shall Not Be Infringed and all that.....

I had on me a couple of scary knives while I was on the streets of Illinois!
    I kept them stuffed in my waist band. I had a Cold Steel Tanto and a rather large switch blade.
    Didn't want a gun even though a small one was offered to me.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast