Big bucks anti-gun bus tour launched by billionaire Bloomberg

Thread: Big bucks anti-gun bus tour launched by billionaire Bloomberg

The billionaire Big Apple mayor who failed to cajole Congress into ratcheting down on gun rights islaunching a 100-day, 25-state bus tour in an effort to impose his vision of gun control on the entire country, Politico reported today.
    At Northwest Firearms, gun rights activists are already talking about how Michael Bloomberg is spending his way into regional gun control efforts, and they’re not happy about it.
    Politico is reporting that Bloomberg is launching this effort next Friday, June 14 “in its push for stricter gun control measures.” The launch date coincides with the six-month anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy in Newtown, Conn.
    According to the story, the bus tour will include “gun violence survivors, their families and friends and law enforcement officials.” It is not yet clear whether Bloomberg’s effort will visit Washington or Oregon, but that is likely, considering the push that has occurred in both states this year on gun control measures. It is also not clear whether any local law enforcement officials will be participating in this effort, but one can suspect that Northwest gun owners will be watching their county sheriffs.
    Here in Washington, there is already a big money effort underway by Seattle elitists to buy an initiative that ostensibly will expand background checks, but as this column noted earlier, in the wake of the National Security Agency telephone records scandal breaking today, a lot more Americans are now thinking aboutprivacy issues. Not many people believe the government telephone spying hasn’t kept records of phone calls, which clarifies the concerns of gun owners about possible record keeping – and abuse of those records – on background checks.
    As this column reported, some 1,200 people showed up at last week’s campaign kick-off, but do those people outweigh the interests of more than 426,000 gun owners who are licensed to carry in Washington alone, or the million-plus gun owners living north of the Columbia River? Their money should not be able to buy the rights of gun owners, or their privacy.
    More details will be reported on this bus tour as they become available. Expect any stops in Oregon and Washington to be met by gun rights activists. If that includes open carry advocates, their presence just might be a culture shock to Bloomberg’s political police.
    Big bucks anti-gun bus tour launched by billionaire Bloomberg - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    Some of us should take this tour and pass out the gun facts handbooks...just saying.

Here is a link.

Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths

Recent stats suggest he should fix his own house before he starts mucking with mine. His approach is working so well in NYC.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

5. If this pompous nanny state totalian wannbe dictator comes to my state I will be there wearing my permitted weapon on my side wearing with my Guy Fawkes mask passing out printed copies of the aforementioned link from this thread!
    When all other methods of protest have been dismantled, the system leaves us with only two options: stand and fight, or kneel and beg for mercy. All you need to know is what YOU would do when faced with that choice.

A lot can happen on the road. All manner of things...

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I wonder how many armed security will be traveling on the bus? You know if Bloomies around, there are hired guys carrying what he doesn't want us to carry.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

With all of the people in his MAIG outfit getting busted for felonies it seems that Bloomie should get his own affairs in order before trying to tell the rest of us what to do.