Ammo from China?

Thread: Ammo from China?

Ammo from China?

This was sent to me today. I can't verify the authenticity and didn't know we got ammo from China. Anyway, interesting photos.

A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor. He had a S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range.
    He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo (Chinese made),And the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared from around His head, the pictures show what he saw.
    Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again!

Looks like when the round in the chamber went off, It also set off at least two other rounds in adjacent cylinders. I would have hated to have been the one who pulled the trigger on that one!

A really good reason for not buying cheap ammunition! Or anything from China.They are proving this statement to be true. You get what you pay for.

Please pass on to all your gun owner friends!!!

Attachment 9762Attachment 9763Attachment 9764Attachment 9765

Hand loads becomes a handful should clear up how old the story is.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

4. That's what I thought. I remembered the pictures with a completely different M.O.

Ammo from China?

Knew these looked familiar. Saw these on SH Forum a while ago. They were hand loads by an inexperienced reloader, not Chinese. I've never heard of us buying Chinese ammo.

It's out there. Don't know about 44 magnum, though.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Knew these looked familiar. Saw these on SH Forum a while ago. They were hand loads by an inexperienced reloader, not Chinese. I've never heard of us buying Chinese ammo.
    Here is why you don't see Chinese ammo anymore. I am guessing you are too young to remember this.

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Here is why you don't see Chinese ammo anymore. I am guessing you are too young to remember this.

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    I am in fact too young to remember this. But importing 7.62x39 from china doesn't surprise me at all. .44 mag on the other hand would.

So... I don't know a ton about steel core ammo. If 7.62 steel core is illegal now because it can be loaded in a pistol, why can I still buy green-tips? I've never been a big fan of the whole AR-15 pistol thing but they are out there so how is that different? Is it because the 7.62 imported? Possessing steel core is fine but importing it is illegal?

How do 2 cartridges blow up at the same time? At least that is what the pics looks like?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!