CHRIS KYLE’S LEGACY BOOK Massad Ayoob

Thread: CHRIS KYLE’S LEGACY BOOK Massad Ayoob

CHRIS KYLE’S LEGACY BOOK Massad Ayoob

Massad Ayoob« CHRIS KYLE’S LEGACY BOOK

A VERY USEFUL NEW BOOK

Tuesday, June 11th, 2013A lot of our readers seem to be Glenn Beck fans. I’ve also met some folks who find him a bit too far to starboard. Wherever you stand on that, we all have to admit, it’s good when someone gets the truth across.
    Beck has, I believe, done exactly that in his new paperback, “Control: Exposing the Truth About Guns.” His powerful message begins at the very front with its dedication: “To Martin Luther King, Jr., who preached nonviolence but knew that passive resistance could not be relied on for his own family’s protection. King owned several guns but was subjected to the worst kind of gun control – and deprived of his basic right to defend himself and his family – when police in Alabama denied him a concealed carry permit in 1956. When will we learn? The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.”
    Glenn Beck assembled an all-star panel for his research: Dan Andros, Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, Stephen Halbrook, David Kopel, and John Lott, supplemented by Sharon Ambrose, Cam Edwards, Joe Kerry, Tim McGinnis, Skip Patel, Meg Storm, and Jacob Sullum. That list includes some of the finest minds that have ever researched the complicated issue of “gun control” and the civil rights of firearms owners. The result is an excellent short compendium of proof that destroys many of the bogus arguments now being wielded against us.
    “We’re experiencing an epidemic of mass gun murders?” “No one needs a fast-shooting, high-capacity firearm?” Beck presents the solid statistics which show otherwise. “A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill the occupants than protect them?” Beck’s new work gives the best layman’s explanation I’ve yet seen as to why that figure, from a deeply-flawed and long-discredited study, is totally bogus.
    Glenn Beck is a best-selling author. His work reaches people the rest of us can’t reach. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen one of my books for sale at an airport newsstand; “Control” is there conspicuously. He simply gets the message across to folks who won’t be reading or listening to the rest of us. For those of us who are activists in this fight, “Control” is the handiest digest this side of Gun Facts 6.2.
    Strongly recommended.
    Share or Bookmark

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 at 12:29 pm and is filed under Firearm Owner's Civil Rights, Reviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

5 Responses to “A VERY USEFUL NEW BOOK”

Massad Ayoob » Blog Archive » A VERY USEFUL NEW BOOK
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Control is a decent book, but when I saw Chris Kyle's name I thought the post was going to be about "American Gun", the book Kyle's wife just bought out. Also an excellent book, history and firearms in America make for a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Control is a decent book, but when I saw Chris Kyle's name I thought the post was going to be about "American Gun", the book Kyle's wife just bought out. Also an excellent book, history and firearms in America make for a great read.
    I too have a copy of that book and second your thoughts. I read it in dad's nursing home room.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.