Firearms Industry Women, What You Should Know

Thread: Firearms Industry Women, What You Should Know

Bill Frady | June 6, 2013 | 0 Comments
    by Gabby • June 5, 2013

gun industry girls from left, Natalie of Girls Guide 2 Guns, Shelley Rae of GunUp, Gabby of ArmedCandy & Gun Nuts, Rebecca of Rebecca GunsThere was probably an audible grumble, the first time a woman took a job in this industry. Regardless of whether they were excited about it or not, men have slowly, accepted the change. I venture to guess that it wasn’t a risk of being caught sexually harassing, that worried the gun guys, but the girly behavior that often seems to follow us ladies.
    The rest of the story here.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Good article. I taught my daughters to shoot, not because I didn't have boys but because it teaches respect, responsibility and attention to detail. Sure, they are sisters, and might rib one another over who shot better, but they also compete against themselves. My youngest (just turned 15) keeps all her targets and I'm sure compares her most recent with older ones to see if she's improving.
    -
    There are many sports that provide measurements (points scored, average, time etc.) so you can track your own skills and improvement, but there aren't that many out there (that don't involve a target) where you are the only factor. There is no one trying to block you, no one you are trying to out-run, your batting average doesn't depend onthe pitcher you faced etc.
    -
    IMHO, boys tend to be more suited to the me vs you aspect of those team sports. I also think most girls would be perfectly suited to the "non-confrontational" aspect of shooting sports. Even in competitions the result is based on YOUR score and YOUR time, even though it is compared to others times or scores. Unless it is something mental (like you creating your own stress), there is nothing your competitor can do to effect your score.
    -
    That said, for a sport that, could arguably be the most girl friendly out there, I see no problem with them making careers out of it. Also, I think there is probably less harassment in the firearms industry because there's a pretty good chance the harassee is armed...

The more the merrier. I have great respect for supporters of the 2A whether they be my brothers in arms OR sisters in arms.

Having women around the range (shooting) makes it more interesting for sure. The guys tend to step a little lighter and speak a little more friendly. They're definitely more helpful to the girls!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Here's a little composite I put together of my girls:
    Firearms Industry Women, What You Should Know-gungirls.jpg

Families that train together, watch each others backs, live longer! Great pic!

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Families that train together, watch each others backs, live longer! Great pic!
    Yeah, my two youngest just shoot .22 for now, but they are deadly accurate. They've both tried my other guns but just don't like the recoil, or (with the Ruger P95) the weight.

The 17 yr old has shot my 12guage (Benelli Super-nova) but only liked it (a little) from the hip since she couldn't feel the kick.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Yeah, my two youngest just shoot .22 for now, but they are deadly accurate. They've both tried my other guns but just don't like the recoil, or (with the Ruger P95) the weight.

The 17 yr old has shot my 12guage (Benelli Super-nova) but only liked it (a little) from the hip since she couldn't feel the kick.
    Theres youth rifles and 32 and 380 pistols. 410 shotguns to lessen the recoil. Build up slowly. There's also competition to build their interest.
    Good luck but most of all have fun! Your building great memories.