Question of the Day: Do The Cops Know You’re A Gun Owner? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question of the Day: Do The Cops Know You’re A Gun Owner?

The government knows who you talk to, for how long, how often, when, keyboard strokes,...are guns a far stretch. Do I need a tin foil hat to think that a government IRS agency targets conservatives and they don't know what I have?

Yep and most of the ones I shoot with hate anything to do with violating the 2n amendment. They also know trying to take a weapon I own would be a tactical error of the first magnitude. At 67 years old only own two weapons bought in a store, one 22 other 40. If you want the serial numbers off the other handguns you better be able to read them while the slide is cycling. Peace, Love Colt 45.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    The government knows who you talk to, for how long, how often, when, keyboard strokes,...are guns a far stretch. Do I need a tin foil hat to think that a government IRS agency targets conservatives and they don't know what I have?
    Suggestion, NEVER on web sites etc mention anything re type, brand or any other evidence that could be seen by thousands and stored in Utah digital storage facility. I don't have any g u ns, they were all lost in a tragic boating accident last summer.

My CHP is linked to my drivers license, but that only shows I am a permit holder, not a gun owner.

Reason says if a person has a CHP they own a gun, but I know several people that hold a CHP and do not own a gun.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Also, if the male had been in trouble with the law before, they may have had the information about him and what weapons he owned.
    This. People that get in trouble with the law which causes the police find out the person has firearms, they may make note of it for their safety.

I found out, after the fact, that in our county (Maricopa, AZ) if you purchase more than one gun at a time the FFL dealer where you purchase is required to advise the county sheriff of the transaction & information on you & the weapons.

some states link the firearms data to their motor vehicle database so in those states they know if the owner of the vehicle owns firearms just by running the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'm fairly certain Washington doesn't have firearms registration which makes this entire story suspect to me.

I know Colorado law specifically forbids the (state) government from keeping firearms owner databases or registering guns. Registration is also forbidden on the Federal level so in my case they wouldn't know
    I am shocked at treos response here lol, just like the IRS does not target specific groups for tax exempt status. Or The NSA does not monitor phone calls or perform data mining.

I don't think we presently have as much to worry about the state level as we do the Fed level. That said... I was on the same fishing boat as shirtz1. Awful storm, came up real fast!

Quote Originally Posted by piesyor View Post
    I found out, after the fact, that in our county (Maricopa, AZ) if you purchase more than one gun at a time the FFL dealer where you purchase is required to advise the county sheriff of the transaction & information on you & the weapons.
    I'm not a criminal or deranged so they can tell the Pope for all I care! If it's legal and they sold it to me, they can call Biden.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast