An Opportunity? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Opportunity?

1. Here's my jump into the fray response to the author's article:

++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Please. Enough with the feigned, oscar winning theatrical performances. If you are too scared to learn proper operation of a weapon after its purchase, you have no business carrying one...even empty.

Get some training with the weapon. The cop was correct; you are an idiot. Blatantly stupid comes to mind also.

In closing, perhaps you should have thrown this online, ignorant handgun slamfest of a "damsel in distress" facade into the round file. This piece isn't journalism, it is effluent. Please flush and leave the lid up on your way out".

++++++++++++++++++++++++

My comments are also awaiting "moderation".

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    My comments are also awaiting "moderation".
    No big surprise, but mine aren't anymore. All she's flushing are strongly-worded truthful replies to her fatuous fiction. You're likely next.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

4. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    No big surprise, but mine aren't anymore. All she's flushing are strongly-worded truthful replies to her fatuous fiction. You're likely next.

Blues
    Indeed. A thought occurred to me about her incompetence; should she load the weapon, and prance around her usual or fictitious routine, she would be a danger to herself and others (especially kids in Starbucks she wrote about), and possibly injure or kill them? Would a formal complaint to the authorities and CC issuers be the right thing to do here? She should have her permit revoked post haste. I'm wondering if those who live near her, or even readers of her warped reality or fiction, so inclined, would do it?

That would establish the article as a work of fiction, or remove the weapon from her possession, if not.

Surely some pro 2A patriots know her, and could get the ball rolling in this direction?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    The issue is not lack of training, per se; it is lack of giving a **** about what she is taking on - it is childish naiveté, it is motivated ignorance. She is less than untrained - she is already trained to be stupid and doesn't even realize it. She is on a mission to be ignorant and terrified. She hates the firearm, thinks it is an instrument of evil and indiscriminate death and that it has a mind of its own - she wants to be scared to death of it - she does not really want it, want to understand it, or be comfortable with it; she does not want to know about it or why someone might want to own it, what it takes to be a responsible owner. She prefers to be untrained and scared that it might decide to start killing people without her consent.

Getting training and learning about it requires motivation - beyond her desire to trash it. What responsible person who is truly interested in having a firearm for the right reasons, in potentially being "the good guy with the gun", would approach this awesome responsibility in the manner she has? She lacks even a rudimentary understanding or motivation. She thinks all she need do is buy it and it will do the rest. If she had any true interest in understanding she would have educated herself and asked questions. If she really wanted to explore this, she would have asked someone knowledgeable to guide her through this process. One can only hope she will do so as her "month" progresses and perhaps, in so doing, reveal her initial stupidity for what it was.

This sad display only serves to show us how badly such people misperceive and misunderstand what being a gun owner is all about. It is impossible to trust her observations or report given this basic lack of understanding.

Excellent post sir...I could not agree with you more.

Hopefully she will be arrested for doing something stupid with her sidearm (Because she's an idiot) and then she can spend many years in prison for her ignorant behaviour.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

ezkl2230 Guest
    As I posted in the duplicate thread, I'm waiting to see how this whole thing plays out, but she has already proven one of our points. Even though she has had a number of major screwups already, as has already been pointed out, and while she says she was vindicated by her ability to go to a Starbuck's openly carrying, the fact remains that NOTHING HAPPENED. In spite of her belief that carrying a gun naturally makes someone more likely to pull the trigger, to endanger innocent bystanders, she did neither. She shot no one during her visit to the coffee shop - on purpose or by accident. And that has been one of our arguments all along: those of us who carry legally aren't inherently more dangerous and likely to pull the trigger than anyone else. If anything, carrying makes us more conscious of the potential consequences of our actions; it is no longer just a mental exercise. If she actually takes the time to take a class and to go to the firing range to actually learn how to use her newly-acquired gun (I'm not holding my breath), she just might find herself in the same position as SCOTUS Justice Kagan, whom Justice Scalia has been teaching to shoot and has gone hunting with him on a number of occasions. Kagan has discovered that shooting is a fun activity!

While I'm not holding my breath, I also know how many times someone setting out to disprove something by participating in the activity has had their mind changed. If she actually makes it the full 30 days, she may find herself with some serious questions about her preconceived notions.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    (I'm not holding my breath)
    Your well thought out lucid argument that this lady might not be a complete disaster is, I believe, summed up in this small portion of your post.

8. I think the point she is trying to make is that the law currently allows for any moron to obtain a gun and carry it. In order to make her point, she is going to be the biggest moron possible carrying a gun for 30 days. Then she is going to advocate passing restrictive laws so that morons like her cannot obtain or carry guns. After all, like she already alluded to in the first article, if she shot her son with the gun it would be society's fault for allowing her to have a gun and not her fault for being a moron pulling the trigger. If nothing bad enough naturally happens to make her point, I'll bet she stages something, like she wakes up one morning to find her poor child chewing on the muzzle end of the gun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Blog Entries
    Hey whaddya know, none of our comments made it through "moderation."

10. Blues was right; my comments were too much for the Ms. Blog actress to take to press. It's too bad that brutally honest opinions cause hurtful feelings and don't conform to guided agendas...

I agree. My "comments" were moderated into the twilight zone, just as the others who mentioned anything resembling common sense or pro 2A.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast