They want the guns, and the ammo too - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: They want the guns, and the ammo too

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    I stopped in at the local Wally World today. As usual, all they had was a few 30-30, .270 Win, and some 12 and 20 gauge shotgun shells. No ammo for any handguns at all. Only thing I wanted was some .40 S&W. Guess I'll just have to carry a .45 while I'm here as there is over 300 rounds for them on hand.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    My LGS had a CRAP LOAD of .40 caliber! I never have an issue with the .40 cal supply.
    They also had several cases of 9mm ball ammo with no purchase limits!
    I was bummed as I have no money to capitalize on this turn of events.
    My LGS contact says that ammo is coming in on a regular basis.


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,801
    All of our LGS have an ample supply of ammo (all calibers) , only Wally World has empty shelves.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    I went around my LGS yesterday just to check prices and such... I was surprised to see that there were few shortages. I understood why though, they were still charging the highest price possible. I saw 9mm for $40 per box.... get real, you've got a shelf full of it! So, people are going to Wally World instead. However, I did find two boxes of Privi .303 150gr SP at $19.99 per box... needless to say, I picked 'em both up! The other .303 was $40-$50 still. The supply is coming back, just slowly. Hopefully, it trickles in again and I can get some more bulk deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I went around my LGS yesterday just to check prices and such... I was surprised to see that there were few shortages. I understood why though, they were still charging the highest price possible. I saw 9mm for $40 per box.... get real, you've got a shelf full of it! So, people are going to Wally World instead. However, I did find two boxes of Privi .303 150gr SP at $19.99 per box... needless to say, I picked 'em both up! The other .303 was $40-$50 still. The supply is coming back, just slowly. Hopefully, it trickles in again and I can get some more bulk deals.
    Our store's ammo supplies are getting better again lots of 223 and pistol rounds except 40 cal, wouldn't you know it. Had 40 cal for a while, now it's short again.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    FWIW, CTD has stock again at prices not "too" bad... compared to where they were months ago.

    Check it out: Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Louisville Ky.
    Posts
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kittel View Post
    That's why one should have a nice sharp Samurai sword or other similar type weapon as backup. Also, training in a martial art would be a good idea...they cannot disarm your knowledge.
    Absolutely. You need armed AND unarmed skills to have a well rounded defense.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    Absolutely. You need armed AND unarmed skills to have a well rounded defense.
    Common sense would be a good start.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

  10. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    FWIW, CTD has stock again at prices not "too" bad... compared to where they were months ago.

    Check it out: Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    Cheaper Than Dirt can kiss my azz! They screwed the public at the first whiff of a shortage on ammo, (don't forget the P-mags too!).
    I'm all for capitalism but these guys screwed the pooch beyond respect.
    They wouldn't get my money now without giving me a bj first!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Cheaper Than Dirt can kiss my azz! They screwed the public at the first whiff of a shortage on ammo, (don't forget the P-mags too!).
    I'm all for capitalism but these guys screwed the pooch beyond respect.
    They wouldn't get my money now without giving me a bj first!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Charles why don't you tell us how you really feel!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast