Armed father rescues daughter from home invader - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armed father rescues daughter from home invader

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    But does the law protect your from the massive civil suit to follow? I feel like good ol' Mr. Bloomie would the one supplying the attorneys for the burglar.
    No, the law doesn't protect you from civil suit in NY. It could be a big problem in certain circumstances. But that's state law and has nothing to do with Bloomy. It's the same in NYC and NYS. In NYC one might not get a fair shake but upstate people are more folksy and traditional values go a long way. For example I have only 22 houses on my country road which is 3.7 miles long. 14 have CCW permits. Jury nullification is our best hope.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    But does the law protect your from the massive civil suit to follow? I feel like good ol' Mr. Bloomie would the one supplying the attorneys for the burglar.
    No, the law doesn't protect you from civil suit in NY. It could be a big problem in certain circumstances. But that's state law and has nothing to do with Bloomy. It's the same in NYC and NYS. In NYC one might not get a fair shake but upstate people are more folksy and traditional values go a long way. For example I have only 22 houses on my country road which is 3.7 miles long. 14 have CCW permits. Jury nullification is our best hope.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say he has nothing to do with it. I know rural NYS is much more of the proper mindset than NYC but Bloomy and his money reach far outside NYC unfortunately.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he has nothing to do with it. I know rural NYS is much more of the proper mindset than NYC but Bloomy and his money reach far outside NYC unfortunately.
    His Mayor's coalition is in many cities but he's been told in no uncertain terms that his opinion is not wanted in the governor office. He's considered an outsider.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

His Mayor's coalition is in many cities but he's been told in no uncertain terms that his opinion is not wanted in the governor office. He's considered an outsider.
    By the same governor that signed the SAFE Act into law and then told the state's sheriffs to keep their mouths shut about their near unanimous opposition to it? I find that difficult to believe.

By the same governor that signed the SAFE Act into law and then told the state's sheriffs to keep their mouths shut about their near unanimous opposition to it? I find that difficult to believe.
    You'd have to be here to understand the relationship. And the SAFE act, if read in it's entirety, primarily targets the possession of firearm by mentally ill or criminal elements. It establishes stiffer penalties for persons not suitable for ownership and creates a reporting requirement for mental health professionals. You may remember that the last three mass shooters all had ongoing mental health treatment issues and no one reported them. Mag capacity? Who cares. Don't lose sight of the fact that anti-gun bills are gaining traction in WI, CO, MI, etc. This isn't a NY thing. It's a national liberal mindset.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

You'd have to be here to understand the relationship. And the SAFE act, if read in it's entirety, primarily targets the possession of firearm by mentally ill or criminal elements. It establishes stiffer penalties for persons not suitable for ownership and creates a reporting requirement for mental health professionals. You may remember that the last three mass shooters all had ongoing mental health treatment issues and no one reported them. Mag capacity? Who cares. Don't lose sight of the fact that anti-gun bills are gaining traction in WI, CO, MI, etc. This isn't a NY thing. It's a national liberal mindset.
    Yeah, about that part. Where did doctors get there education (and indoctrination)? College. What percentage of Colleges are presently foundations of higher Liberal propaganda learning and indoctrination? (I don't have an accurate % but it's big). And last, what would prevent a "doctor" (and I use the term loosely on the shrink side of the house) from doing what they beleive is morally prudent and put as many people as they can on the "no-buy" list?
    -
    My solution - If you have been convicted of a crime and either
    A) plead not-guilty by reason of insanity/temporary insanity etc.
    B) found not suitable to stand trial due to mental state, OR
    C) been sentenced to a rubber room instead of jail
    You should go on the list.
    Other than that, we need to hold people accountable for their actions, and either arm school officials/teachers or provide armed security at schools. Ban gun free zones, they don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    no No NO!!!!
    Have you learned nothing from our esteemed leaders?
    Step out the back door and fire two shotgun rounds into the air. Then the home intruder will leave LMFAO!
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot, silly me, what was I thinking? Forgot the Democrat solution ALWAYS works...I mean, Look how clean California, New York and Chicago are. Dang, looks like I should put my guns away for good huh? lol
    Right?!?!?!

"True wisdom is knowing that one knows nothing... Therefore I am very wise..."

Joe Biden

(Not really but it sounds like something he would say LMFAO!)
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Right?!?!?!

"True wisdom is knowing that one knows nothing... Therefore I am very wise..."

Joe Biden

(Not really but it sounds like something he would say LMFAO!)
    Here's Biden playing "Where's Waldo?" The Buckshot Joe version.
    Armed father rescues daughter from home invader-obamagrumpy-day.jpg
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    no No NO!!!!
    Have you learned nothing from our esteemed leaders?
    Step out the back door and fire two shotgun rounds into the air. Then the home intruder will leave LMFAO!
    And everyone will be happy. The robber will be happy because he didn't get shot, the cops will be happy because they get to make their quota, you will be happy because your house wasn't robbed and Biden will be happy because he got you to commit a felony and lose your 2A rights.

I agree that it's a national mindset, but that mindset is propagated and spearheaded by people like Bloomberg. Who cares about magazine capacity? I certainly do. I work in private security as a patrol officer and I frequently have to deal with groups of 4-5+ people. Usually it's because I've caught them using drugs, and they very often become belligerent. If they all decided to attack me, 7 rounds just wouldn't cut it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast