Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days

Quote Originally Posted by mmn View Post
    I suspect your question is rhetorical, and it's not really relevant to the subject of the thread. So at the risk of being "moderated" I'll answer any way.

No.

Regards
    Michael
    Luke doesn't "moderate" here unless the person is constantly cursing the other posters.
    Just sayin'
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

3. Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    If you don't believe in the 2nd amendment, why are you on a gun board? Sounds you would be far more at home where the author hangs out at i.e. The Brady Bunch.

BTW, if someone states that your post is "drivel", it's not a compliment. (And it was drivel, BTW - no offense).
    Don't quite get where I said or implied I don't believe in the 2nd amendment, or why you thought that I thought calling my post "drivel" was a compliment. That word is actually quite offensive (if you look it up).

There have been I think three posts regarding my original post. They all indicate some level of misunderstanding, but to go into it would sort of derail the original topic.

To the topic, what I was trying to say was:

1. While it is the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms (and I support that), I would like to see some tightening in laws regarding training for concealed carry, particularly in states such as hers which seem to have none.

2. Though it's not part of her agenda, I think the article points out just how easy it is, in some states, to legally carry a lethal weapon with no training in public. I think that's not a good thing.

While you can disagree with a post, calling it drivel is a judgment that I do find offensive.

So there!

Michael

I went to the article and posted a very nice response in response to the claim that those with a gun are more likely to die from their own gun. I gave them the stats from the justice department They refused to post the response. Hammer them with responses... My Month With a Gun: Week One
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

This idiot will end up in prison, thanks for thinning the herd moron.

Update: Checked this morning at 9:34am Central Time and unfortunately both of my posts that were awaiting moderation did not make the cut... Didn't fit the "agenda". What have you all found?

Purchasing a firearm and obtaining a concealed carry permit should be easy. Idiots like the gal should be barred from entering the United States.

Been 8 days now and still she hasn't posted week 2. I don't think there will be anymore posts.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

My post didn't make it past moderation either. I thanked her for being open minded and volunteered to pay for training classes for both her and her husband. Either in the Boise area or the class of their choice in the Vancouver/Portland area. I'm also thinking there will be no more articles as the agenda was going the wrong direction for her.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    My so-called "analysis" of the Second Amendment is no such thing. It is merely an observation that the Second Amendment requires discipline which, in turn, requires training. Merely owning a firearm is not enough; the owner must train himself to be proficient if they wish to abide by the spirit of the amendment, just as training and discipline is required of the citizen militia in order for it to be effective.
    I have rarely, if ever, been tempted to say this in reply to anything you have ever posted, but that is utter bunk.

If you were to say that acquiring qualified and comprehensive training is a damned good idea that should be recommended and supported by all experienced gun-owners for all beginners, I would agree wholeheartedly. But to make it sound as though the 2nd Amendment mandates a requirement to same is not supportable by any reading of it, "spirit of the law" or otherwise, or of the documentation (Federalist Papers) describing its purpose and functions. "Spirit" is meaningless. The true and provable meanings of the words are what gives it its power and authority.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mmn View Post
    I think her article serves a valid purpose - exposing how easy it is for any idiot in her state to get a gun and a concealed carry permit with no requirement other than a background check. And I'm positive there's many more like her that do it, carry it, don't get any training, and don't write about it. I for one wouldn't assume most people who buy guns and carry them concealed are at all responsible, intelligent, moral or possess any of the other qualities we like to think they have.

Here in Florida all I had to do for a concealed carry permit was show I had some accepted training. In my case that was a DD214 showing an honorable discharge some 40+ years ago.

Regards
    Michael
    Her article serves no purpose other than to promote a clearly Biased, LibTarded Anti-Gun Agenda.

You bloviated;

"I for one wouldn't assume most people who buy guns and carry them concealed are at all responsible, intelligent, moral or possess any of the other qualities we like to think they have.
    Here in Florida all I had to do for a concealed carry permit was show I had some accepted training. In my case that was a DD214 showing an honorable discharge some 40+ years ago."

It appears to me that you assume a lot.

Please stop 'Assuming' anything about those of us who 'legally' purchase and responsibly carry firearms....
    because people like you who 'Assume' make an 'A_$$' out of both 'U' and 'Me'.

As a supposed 'Veteran' you should be familar with the do's and don'ts of carrying a firearm.

A DD214 that shows an Honorable Discharge is good enough in my book.
    I'm seriously doubting that you really are an honorably discharged veteran.

I'm beginning to sense that 'the troll is strong with this one'.

Just my .02 cents.

~Regards~
    ~Outlaw~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast