Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I am a victim of gun violence. I have been shot several times actually, though the last 3 were in the line of duty. My very first time, I was 5 years old. I was shot in the chest with a .22 short by a schizophrenic menopausal lady for changing the TV channel. For some reason, she missed the second time. She was my adoptive mother. I remember meeting my own mother in the time between passing out in the basement, where I drug myself to hide when my dog took her down, and waking up in an ambulance. Back then, it took the police an hour to arrive, then the first thing they did, was to shoot my dog, Sammy, an ancient sheepdog with only a few teeth left.

Considering that I was a 5 year old who was shot by his mother, then whose dog was shot by police, you'd think I would be the Brady poster child...well, I have nightmares about it, but I am not such a freak that I would try to disarm law abiding citizens because I was a victim. I actually fully appreciate the gravity of being unable to defend myself and now am never too far from a gun.

This woman, who graduated 13 years prior to the Columbine Massacre, claims to be a victim. No, she is not. Unless you have experienced the terror of being shot and felt your legs and arms go numb while you drowned in your own blood, you cannot possibly be a victim.
    man tcd,
    Your story has my heart aching. I'm sorry you went through that brother.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Make a comment in her blog that contains no profanity and simply counters her point in a sensible way. I've made 2 short ones and they have been deleted. Apparently the moderator only allows comments from their point of view.
    I think initially they were letting some pro-owners post comments because they wanted it to appear unbiased. Then once her Brady friends (see my earlier post in this thread) were outnumbered, then they stopped. I think they don't realize the extent that people do not support their view, so they stick their head in the sand when it happens.

Quite frankly, we are the last country that has the freedoms that we do. I really wish that those who oppose our Constitutional Rights (any of them) would simply move to another country that don't have them. They have somewhere else to go where the laws fit their views. I, on the other hand, do not. Move to Australia, London, Canada... the choices are endless. Leave my country alone.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by DHinNC View Post
    You're right, that story was extremely painful to read. I think I can sum up her attitude in one word...Moron!

I'm not sure which state she resides in, but can attest that here in my home state of NC, there is nothing "easy" about legally obtaining a firearm and CCW permit.

Steps involved:
    1. Must take an 8 hour class from a NRA certified handgun instructor. This class involves in depth discussion of NC laws pertaining to handguns and use of deadly force, as well as practical demonstration and familiarization of different types of handguns, revolver vs. semi-automatic. Safe handling of a firearm is stressed throughout the class. At the end, participants must take and pass a written test. Cost for this ranges from $75 to $100.
    2. Must go to the range with the instructor and safely fire the weapon on a 3 position course at the 3, 7, and 25 yard range. Thirty shots are required, of which at least 21 must be within the target boundaries. Once you pass this, you get your certificate.
    3. With certificate in tow, appear at the Sheriff's office to pay a $95 dollar non-refundable fee for the application. This includes fingerprints, photographs, and a release of medical records consent form.
    4. In addition to your personal Dr. the medical records must be received from every hospital group and mental health facility in the area, whether you have ever been treated there or not. The cost for these records is $10 to $15 per record. In my case, I had to have medical records or a statement that I had never been a patient from 8 different providers.
    5. Once the medical records are added to your file, the Sheriff will then do a final review and make sure nothing is indicated that would prevent the issuance of a CCW.

This chick obviously has an anti-gun agenda, and is really just demonstrating her own ignorance.

What a joke!
    You place a lot of conditions on a right.
    What preconditions should we then require of those who would exercise the First, or the Third, or the Fourth, or the Fifth or the Sixth or the Eighth or the Fourteenth?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

ezkl2230 Guest
    My comment is awaiting moderation:

Interesting. No news about week 2 yet. First post dated 6/12/13, today's date 6/21/13. Could it be that she was unable to go 30 days? Or perhaps she has had to re-think her position. After all, it is an article of faith among the gun control crowd that a person with a gun is just itching for the chance to plug someone and is an inherent danger to all around them - especially children. Yet, according to her first posting, she successfully entered a Starbuck's in which children were present and managed to leave without shooting anyone - either accidentally or on purpose. We're waiting for an update....

6. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post

Interesting. No news about week 2 yet. First post dated 6/12/13, today's date 6/21/13. Could it be that she was unable to go 30 days? Or perhaps she has had to re-think her position. After all, it is an article of faith among the gun control crowd that a person with a gun is just itching for the chance to plug someone and is an inherent danger to all around them - especially children. Yet, according to her first posting, she successfully entered a Starbuck's in which children were present and managed to leave without shooting anyone - either accidentally or on purpose. We're waiting for an update....
    Mine have been "waiting for moderation" for a day or 2 but there have been 2 or 3 comments posted just in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post

Or maybe she is in jail. We could only hope.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Ok, well here's the talking points as to why it stopped.

Op-Ed Columnist - Joe Nocera's Blog - NYTimes.com

They couldn't keep up with the censoring, supposed "payback" (the blog just stops short of calling them "threats"), and the posting of her address.

Well, first off, if they were actually inclined to allow all people to post opinions, then they wouldn't feel "overwhelmed." But since they felt it necessary to keep everything one-sided, of course the majority overwhelmed them.

Secondly, what does taking down insults and vituperation do? Does that magically change the people's minds who wrote them? And if that's truly what they were (we'll never know, since we didn't get to see them), then why not leave them up, as it only takes away from their credibility?

Finally, I really don't know what the purpose of someone putting her address out there was. Maybe a liken to how owners are treated in certain states who release their information? Or maybe it was because many people wondered what state she lived in that she claimed to have gotten so quickly, easily, and with no background check. Regardless, anyone with internet access (and this is blog, so you have to have that to see her article in the first place), can find that information in about 30s.

Frankly, my original theory (before I saw the above reference), and I still believe it has some merit... is that she jumped the shark in the first blog. She pretty much wrote all she could. By limiting her exposure with this "I'm going to do the minimum" rule, she couldn't take this any farther. No going to the range to practice. No personal interaction with pro-carry people. The only thing to be written was 3 more blogs of the same paranoid drivel. And she even justified her original conclusion right in the first article, so you could believe there was no hope she would modify it in the least or even come up with some profound new conclusions (whether they supported her original position or not). I really wondered if the blog would possibly last the full 4 weeks with such little content to go on, and it didn't even get to week #2. In this case, I say... good.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

A DD214 works for me, do you have one?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Ok, well here's the talking points as to why it stopped.

Op-Ed Columnist - Joe Nocera's Blog - NYTimes.com

They couldn't keep up with the censoring, supposed "payback" (the blog just stops short of calling them "threats"), and the posting of her address.

Well, first off, if they were actually inclined to allow all people to post opinions, then they wouldn't feel "overwhelmed." But since they felt it necessary to keep everything one-sided, of course the majority overwhelmed them.

Secondly, what does taking down insults and vituperation do? Does that magically change the people's minds who wrote them? And if that's truly what they were (we'll never know, since we didn't get to see them), then why not leave them up, as it only takes away from their credibility?

Finally, I really don't know what the purpose of someone putting her address out there was. Maybe a liken to how owners are treated in certain states who release their information? Or maybe it was because many people wondered what state she lived in that she claimed to have gotten so quickly, easily, and with no background check. Regardless, anyone with internet access (and this is blog, so you have to have that to see her article in the first place), can find that information in about 30s.

Frankly, my original theory (before I saw the above reference), and I still believe it has some merit... is that she jumped the shark in the first blog. She pretty much wrote all she could. By limiting her exposure with this "I'm going to do the minimum" rule, she couldn't take this any farther. No going to the range to practice. No personal interaction with pro-carry people. The only thing to be written was 3 more blogs of the same paranoid drivel. And she even justified her original conclusion right in the first article, so you could believe there was no hope she would modify it in the least or even come up with some profound new conclusions (whether they supported her original position or not). I really wondered if the blog would possibly last the full 4 weeks with such little content to go on, and it didn't even get to week #2. In this case, I say... good.
    Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! She folded! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

11. The magazine's bookface link appears to still be open to comments. My quick perusal shows about 95% are progun; look for your self and if you do bookface, comment away!

https://www.facebook.com/msmagazine/...3&notif_t=like

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast