Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days

1. Don't do facebook, but I knew the feigned damsel in distress angle wouldn't fly. It's a very real world, out there, and the truth of it all was neither acknowledged, nor tackled.

I pronounce cowardice, and agenda. You've got to watch out for those N.R.A. types! They will beat you with the truth 'til you're black and blue!

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Ok, well here's the talking points as to why it stopped.

Op-Ed Columnist - Joe Nocera's Blog - NYTimes.com

They couldn't keep up with the censoring, supposed "payback" (the blog just stops short of calling them "threats"), and the posting of her address.

Well, first off, if they were actually inclined to allow all people to post opinions, then they wouldn't feel "overwhelmed." But since they felt it necessary to keep everything one-sided, of course the majority overwhelmed them.

Secondly, what does taking down insults and vituperation do? Does that magically change the people's minds who wrote them? And if that's truly what they were (we'll never know, since we didn't get to see them), then why not leave them up, as it only takes away from their credibility?

Finally, I really don't know what the purpose of someone putting her address out there was. Maybe a liken to how owners are treated in certain states who release their information? Or maybe it was because many people wondered what state she lived in that she claimed to have gotten so quickly, easily, and with no background check. Regardless, anyone with internet access (and this is blog, so you have to have that to see her article in the first place), can find that information in about 30s.

Frankly, my original theory (before I saw the above reference), and I still believe it has some merit... is that she jumped the shark in the first blog. She pretty much wrote all she could. By limiting her exposure with this "I'm going to do the minimum" rule, she couldn't take this any farther. No going to the range to practice. No personal interaction with pro-carry people. The only thing to be written was 3 more blogs of the same paranoid drivel. And she even justified her original conclusion right in the first article, so you could believe there was no hope she would modify it in the least or even come up with some profound new conclusions (whether they supported her original position or not). I really wondered if the blog would possibly last the full 4 weeks with such little content to go on, and it didn't even get to week #2. In this case, I say... good.
    So let me get this straight. This woman who took on one of the nation's largest coffee chains, has spoken to numerous crowds across the nation, and is on the board of the most anti-gun organization in the nation couldn't foresee the resistance she would attract and can't handle a little opposition. She put herself out front with the idea that only other anti's would respond to her article. Wow. How deluded.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    So let me get this straight. This woman who took on one of the nation's largest coffee chains, has spoken to numerous crowds across the nation, and is on the board of the most anti-gun organization in the nation couldn't foresee the resistance she would attract and can't handle a little opposition. She put herself out front with the idea that only other anti's would respond to her article. Wow. How deluded.
    Yes. After receiving a dose of reality, she crawled back under the rock from which she emerged. Good riddance.

5. Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Yes. After receiving a dose of reality, she crawled back under the rock from which she emerged. Good riddance.
    Like +1000! OK, 10,000! (gotta meet the minimum character length somehow!)

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    The magazine's bookface link appears to still be open to comments. My quick perusal shows about 95% are progun; look for your self and if you do bookface, comment away!

https://www.facebook.com/msmagazine/...1293¬if_t=like
    OMG some of the comments. She'll definitely run from them with her tail between her legs. Truth hurts.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

The last comment to the article by Heidi Yewman states "I just heard that you are not going to be able to continue this series due to the trolls and hate mongers within the gun community who lack the ability to understand that their view of the world is not the only one. They demand respect for their gun ownership yet fail the most basic of tests of giving that same respect to others."

That comment was posted at June 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm.

To me that looks like a cop-out to drop the experiment. We shall see.

BTW The fourth of her four self-imposed rules for this experiment was "...and finally be prepared to use it for protecting myself at home or in public." She was ignoring that rule by not getting any training.
    "I want a government small enough to fit inside the Constitution." Harry Browne - 1933 - 2006.

Or bullets!!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    If I was the officer she told she had no clue about the gun I would have a very hard time giving it back.

We should sum up what most of have had for training before we even applied for a permit and send copies to her.
    The cop was correct in thinking she's an idiot.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

10. I think the real reason she stopped the "experiment" was because she finally went out and bought bullets for the gun and couldn't figure out how to load it (courtesy of BBQJOE at THEHIGHROAD):

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I think the real reason she stopped the "experiment" was because she finally went out and bought bullets for the gun and couldn't figure out how to load it:

I no see problem? ^.^

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast