Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Gunner Wears Glock For Thirty Days

Now there are more comments showing up in the blog. A couple of pro gun and many many anti ones.

That lady proves only the point that she is irresponsible. Yes, it's possible to obtain a gun without finding out how to use it. But no matter how much training you mandate people need before they can buy guns in the end it stills boils down to this: You carry a gun you carry responsibility. Even with all the training in the world that doesn't change.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

So the HuffPost supposedly picked this up. The original article in Ms. was posted June 12th. HP re-posted her 1st article on June 27th. In real time she should be done with her 30 days, and yet week 2 article hasn't been posted yet?
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    So the HuffPost supposedly picked this up. The original article in Ms. was posted June 12th. HP re-posted her 1st article on June 27th. In real time she should be done with her 30 days, and yet week 2 article hasn't been posted yet?
    If you read the thread you'll see that her little "experiment" got scrapped rather quickly, largely in part due to the constant stream of opposition and "education" that never made it into her comments section.

Quote Originally Posted by DHinNC View Post
    You're right, that story was extremely painful to read. I think I can sum up her attitude in one word...Moron!

I'm not sure which state she resides in, but can attest that here in my home state of NC, there is nothing "easy" about legally obtaining a firearm and CCW permit.

Steps involved:
    1. Must take an 8 hour class from a NRA certified handgun instructor. This class involves in depth discussion of NC laws pertaining to handguns and use of deadly force, as well as practical demonstration and familiarization of different types of handguns, revolver vs. semi-automatic. Safe handling of a firearm is stressed throughout the class. At the end, participants must take and pass a written test. Cost for this ranges from $75 to $100.
    2. Must go to the range with the instructor and safely fire the weapon on a 3 position course at the 3, 7, and 25 yard range. Thirty shots are required, of which at least 21 must be within the target boundaries. Once you pass this, you get your certificate.
    3. With certificate in tow, appear at the Sheriff's office to pay a $95 dollar non-refundable fee for the application. This includes fingerprints, photographs, and a release of medical records consent form.
    4. In addition to your personal Dr. the medical records must be received from every hospital group and mental health facility in the area, whether you have ever been treated there or not. The cost for these records is $10 to $15 per record. In my case, I had to have medical records or a statement that I had never been a patient from 8 different providers.
    5. Once the medical records are added to your file, the Sheriff will then do a final review and make sure nothing is indicated that would prevent the issuance of a CCW.

This chick obviously has an anti-gun agenda, and is really just demonstrating her own ignorance.

What a joke!
    Are you proud that your tyrannical state government put so many restriction on a right, the only right, that says "shall not be infringed"? I hear things like this about other states and my skin crawls at how much our rights have been violated.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    If you read the thread you'll see that her little "experiment" got scrapped rather quickly, largely in part due to the constant stream of opposition and "education" that never made it into her comments section.
    I bet. Two of my comments never made it and they were not inflamatory at all. I'm sure many of you found the same to be true with your comments if you tried to leave one.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post

From the Ms. Blog website:
    Michele Kort says:
    June 23, 2013 at 12:49 pm

We have not “bowed to the altar of guns.” Ms. Yewman’s follow-up articles will be published in other outlets.
    (BTW, at one point it actually mentioned Huffington Post, but was later altered to just read "other outlets." That's why I knew where to find it.

On June 27th (which I already clarified above)the same article stating a 30 day trial was posted on the Huffington Post website. So it was picked up by the HP.

So where in this thread, on or after June 27th, is there a reference that the project was scrapped from the Huff Post?

Most of the current comments on the OP article are as uninformed and irresponsible as the author is in article.

And this kind of a stunt proves what?
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Most of the current comments on the OP article are as uninformed and irresponsible as the author is in article.

And this kind of a stunt proves what?
    Anti's are idiots.

Hmm... All of my response posts are "pending moderation". Is that anything waiting to be deleted?
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast