Securing a weapon when go to hospital not on own - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Securing a weapon when go to hospital not on own

1. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Earlier that day I had picked up cash rents. The LEO took that as well for safe keeping. He told me not to trust the hospital so he would hold it for me.

Yea cause le's are so honest and trustworthy..

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    I wouldn't trust either. I always told my patients to get family down here asap to get your belongings. I'd even offer to call them enroute if it was appropriate at the time.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    Yeah, I had this vision of him and the rest of the shift playing poker and ordering booze and take-out food. In retrospect it was pretty stupid of me because he didn't give me a receipt for the money.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I wouldn't trust either. I always told my patients to get family down here asap to get your belongings. I'd even offer to call them enroute if it was appropriate at the time.
    That's good advice. My doc offered to hold it until the wife came but the EMT reminded us that in NYS he could get a felony for it. A week later he and I had a laugh about it because I could imagine this little Indian doc who never held a gun shooting himself in the foot. He's interested in getting a CCW but his wife wears the pants. She tells me he's too irresponsible and will blow his toe off. Makes me real confident during a proctology exam.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Police will take it for safekeeping.
    Then you will probably have to go through a hassle to get it back in some jurisdictions.
    Completely depends on where you live. My best friend's house got burglarized while we were in high school together. They stole his dads 3 shotguns that were hanging on the wall as display pieces because he never shot them or cared to shoot them. When the police recovered them they called his older brother (his dad had moved out of state) to come pick them up at the police station. When he got there, told them who he was, he signed 1 form and walked out with them, without so much as checking his ID.

Here, most EMS personnel know how to handle firearms and will often put it in a lock box in the ambulance. When they get to the hospital , they'll give to the police. If an officer is on site, they will handle it.
    I wouldn't trust that it would ever be found again if the police here took it.

As others have said LEO will take it, and you can obtain it back when you're ready.

If a friend takes you, and your incapacitated the hospital security will take it and either store it or ask LEO to store it for you.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12